Music and Musician Discussion Thread

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just figured that this could be a supplement to the popular "music to the marrow" thread where people could discuss music and artists. If the powers that be think it is a bad ideal or if there is another thread like it please just take it down. I guess technically I started it, but officially I want someone else to kick it off and see where it goes, so you all jump in there if this thread is useful.

Last edited:

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Music and Artist discussion thread

Hi raggie33. Thanks for jumping in there.

Last edited:

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, if no one else is going to post I'll post again. Yeah raggie33, that band you posted seems like they have talent. I never heard of them before until now, but it looks like they have been around for 30 years. You have to be good to last that long. On some of my favorite bands they made good music and looked like they were having a good time, but there was a lot of friction behind the scenes. A lot of good artists have also passed on like Cory Wells (RIP) of the three dog night.

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wish the eagles would let Don Felder come back. Some of the best guitar work I've ever heard was when him and Joe Walsh did some guitar weaving while at a concert in Seattle Washington back in 1976. The song was "turn to stone".

I'm hoping more of yall would join in. Surely I'm not the only one that wants to discuss (or talk about) music and artists.

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*

Well, if no one else is going to post I'll post again. Yeah raggie33, that band you posted seems like they have talent. I never heard of them before until now, but it looks like they have been around for 30 years. You have to be good to last that long. On some of my favorite bands they made good music and looked like they were having a good time, but there was a lot of friction behind the scenes. A lot of good artists have also passed on like Cory Wells (RIP) of the three dog night.
they came out before metalica if im recalling right. metalica in one video had a trouble tshirt on.

bykfixer

Flashaholic

Today I had Elvis Costello "Get Happy" in the player. When in my skateboarding hey day Elvis was huge. He put out a bunch of records back to back but for years I could not find which one had the song Opportunity from back around '79 or 80. At one point I even questioned if it were even him that did it. Not one person I knew in the 90's forward knew what I was talking about.

Then one day in a music store the 'album' Get Happy was in the used CD section for like $3. Hoah, Nelly the second song is titled Opportunity. Could it be 'that song'? My truck had a tape player so it was an hour before I arrived home and……yesssssssss!! Finally!! I'm not crazy, it really did exist. It also contains several other hits and just flat out Elvis Costello nuggets. King Horse, B Movie, 5 Gears in Reverse, Hi Fidelity, Can't Stand Up for Falling Down, Man Called Uncle and others.

Last edited:

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast

I knew about Elvis Costello since 79 when my cousin used to subscribe to those high fidelity magazines that featured him a lot. Never heard a song by him though till one night on coast to coast they had one of his songs on the bumper music. I like his style and wonder why he never got any airplay on top 40 stations. Seems like on our AOR station WRKK I would hear his name when the dj would announce who all he just played, but I didn't know which song it was. That was from 79 to the early 80s.

Last edited:

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast

I knew about Elvis Costello since 79 when my cousin used to subscribe to those high fidelity magazines that featured him a lot. Never heard a song by him though till one night on coast to coast they had one of his songs on the bumper music. I like his style and wonder why he never got any airplay on top 40 stations. Seems like on our AOR station WRKK I would hear his name when the dj would announce who all he just played, but I didn't know which song it was. That was from 79 to the early 80s.

You had to be listening to the right stations. Top 40 sucked then and sucks now.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast

watched this the other night - hard to believe that it came out 42 years ago.

raggie33

*the raggedier*

this is one diverse forum

raggie33

*the raggedier*

ladygaga is the best singer we have today. she is perfect no autotune just perfection. she sounds better live then artist who had the vocals fixed digalty

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast

ladygaga is the best singer we have today. she is perfect no autotune just perfection. she sounds better live then artist who had the vocals fixed digalty

I found out the hard way (after I found out the singers weren't really inside the radio) that a lot of folks had their voices doctored up digitally. It's good to hear of folks that have a natural ability.

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast

watched this the other night - hard to believe that it came out 42 years ago.

Lol xxo, that's a movie. It seems humorous, but it's too long for me to watch right now.
I thought it was a music video. That's ok though

raggie33

*the raggedier*

I found out the hard way (after I found out the singers weren't really inside the radio) that a lot of folks had their voices doctored up digitally. It's good to hear of folks that have a natural ability.

i notonly hear music i see it. its hard to explain buy i see the notes. around 2000 or so i saw music was chsnged digalty.