ArmyTek        

Thread: 14500 Battery Q

Default 14500 Battery Q

Actually could be any size but... One of my Keepower 14500 batteries when put on charger (Xtar), does nothing, no voltage on display. Nothing on the display at all. Tried the usual moving around to make sure it was touching contacts etc. Have several other of exact same batteries with no problem. Should I just bin it? All info welcomed.

Default Re: 14500 Battery Q

Quote Originally Posted by mobilerd View Post
    Actually could be any size but... One of my Keepower 14500 batteries when put on charger (Xtar), does nothing, no voltage on display. Nothing on the display at all. Tried the usual moving around to make sure it was touching contacts etc. Have several other of exact same batteries with no problem. Should I just bin it? All info welcomed.
    Perhaps you tripped a protection circuit?

Take a good, full cell and hold it nose to nose (+ to +) with the dead one and briefly short the negative ends (- to -) with a piece of wire, or a paper clip and see if that doesn’t reset the breaker?

Chris
    Convoy: S2, S2+, M1, M2, Fenix: P1D, PD32, HL30, ET: D25C Ti, SF: 6P, ZL: SC-600, Klarus: P2A, Jetbeam: BA-20, Icon: Rogue 1, L3: L10, Xeno: E03, ShiningBeam: I-Mini, Olight: i3s, SWM: D40A, M11R, V11R, Maglite: 6Ds, MMs, Solitaires, LaCrosse BC-700, Maha C-9000, XTAR VP2, MP1S, XP1, MC1+, WP2 II, NiteCore i4, v2.