Stahlwille

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
The firm makes good tools. Recently a friend of mine gave me this flashlight. Made of very high quality, has a lot of certificates for use in hazardous areas. Now I looked at their site and it looks like they switched to LEDs and the price in terms of lumens / dollars is more expensive than all the custom flashlights that I have seen.

Can anyone say - this lantern is made at the facilities of the company itself or they ordered from some third-party company and there is his twin brother ?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I would surmize in looks it's a Pelican but in order to be deemed intrinsically safe perhaps the ground system is different.
A Pelican might say brand X battery is ok but to still be intrinsically safe the Stahlwille would specify a specific brand and battery model that has been confirmed in testing would be listed.

I have an intrinsically safe Night Stick that says as long as I use a Duracell aa battery it is guarenteed. So with my Rayovacs in it that would be disallowed in certain circumstances where equipment is rigorously checked prior to entering a given area such as a confined space known to have flamable gases like ordorless/tastesless methane.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rather, it's just an overpayment for the stamp Stahlwille, since I found on sale the same Pelican flashlight with the same certificates on the body and in the instructions for only about $ 90. The insides are exactly the same.

You are absolutely right, they were tested with certain batteries, but it is forbidden to open the flashlight in an explosive area to replace batteries - a spark is possible.

Actually, this is my first acquaintance with a pelican flashlight, I thought that this company makes fountain pens. The case is extremely robust.