Trying to choose between two Nitecore flashlights.................

Scotty321

Newly Enlightened
Nitecore MH10 v2 vs MH10S.........

NITECORE MH10 v2 1200 Lumen

NITECORE MH10S 1800 Lumen

Does anyone know why the runtimes are significantly different between these two flashlights on the (roughly) equivalent brightness levels?
They use the same battery.

Any comments, good or bad, on either?
Thanks!

Unfortunately the Nitcore's "Illumination" link (Company website) isn't working for me right now so I can't look up their numbers. However, the pics from your links I would guess that it's related to the MH10V2 using a CREE XP-L2 V6 while the MH10S uses a SST-40-W LED.

I don't have the MH10S, but I have the P20i which uses the same LED. I like that flashlight enough to have made it my "do-it-all" flashlight to include potentially dangerous emergencies. However, you can see color variation in the beam (at least with the p20i's reflector) and at lower levels you can notice a slightly green tint. I'm thinking about picking up the P10i or Mh12S, too.

From the pics in your link, it looks like both models will take generic button top batteries (you might want to verify)... my P20i will not accept generic 21700's nor any 18650's (although the P20i has an adapter for CR123's).

Last edited: