Inova X0 Info...

• Thread starter MeridianTactical
  • Start date
M

MeridianTactical

I met with an Inova rep last night and I got to play with the new Inova XO.

In a nut shell... If you like the X5 you'll love the X0!!!

First it is identical looking to the X5, just a little larger overall than the X5.

As for beam shots, I have some I'll post later, but rest assured that it will equal most any other 6 volt Luxeon light I have played with.

So far it looks like Inova is on schedule for an end of April for a release date.

I'll try and list the current specs and beam shots later

Pictures of a unit are now up on my site, click on the image for a larger Picture

Inova X0

jtice

Flashaholic
Looks just like an X1.
Wonder if they are using a similar optic.

I cant remember, is there a LS model of the X1 comming out?
I would love to have an LS X1. .... instead of modding mine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like Blindedbythelight said...if it`s like the X-1...forget it. If it`s nice and wide...maybe.

M

MeridianTactical

Its not a X1 Beam, its more like a KL1 or a ARC LS. I have some beam shots I'll post later tonight.

But yes the front looks like a X1 The size has me thinking X5.

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
My hope would be something between the X5 and X1. Looking for something with some throw but also a nice fade of peripheral light.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
RonM said:
My hope would be something between the X5 and X1. Looking for something with some throw but also a nice fade of peripheral light.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, hopefully a reflector. i don't know about anyone else but im getting tired of optics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
The X0 has a fresnel lens, so it's definitely optics based, which I don't consider to be a drawback. Fresnel also means that it might be a very narrow beam.

Prolepsis

Enlightened
Hmm, the Inova site says Type III HA, but it also says this for the X5. I've always thought that my X5, X1 = HA II? (Sure seems like it too, IMHO.)

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Prolepsis said:
Hmm, the Inova site says Type III HA, but it also says this for the X5. I've always thought that my X5, X1 = HA II? (Sure seems like it too, IMHO.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I did a scratch test on my black X5-T and my CountyComm HA-III X5-T a few weeks back with a very sharp Benchmade knife. The X5-T looks as good as new (I couldn't scratch the surface with moderate effort) while my black X5-T now has several scratches on it, it scratched very easily.

There is no way that the standard (non-CountyComm) X5-T and X-1 are Type III HA. It is either an error on the part of Inova or an outright misrepresentation.

-Keith

Prolepsis

Enlightened
Agreed.

Unless ... "Precision-machined aircraft aluminum body with military-grade, Type III anodizing" (from the Inova web site)... Type III maybe doesn't necessarily HA Type III?

Anyhow, regardless, with the optic not being as narrow as the X1, this should be a good replacement to the X5 (even though it is longer).

B@rt

Flashaholic
I just fired an e-mail to Inova asking for the beam angle of the X0... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
I'll post their reply here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

M

MeridianTactical

I just scanned in the X0 Product Brochure. So this should have a lot of info you guys are craving for...

I reduced the colors to lower the file size for the dial up guys... so no complaints about the quality of my scanner ;-)

I'll upload the beamshots soon...

Page 1

Page 2

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
this collecting 90% of the light part really makes it sound like a super-bright X1.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

that beamshot in the brochure looks alot better than the X1 tho..

M

MeridianTactical

Here is a beamshot against my ARC LSL-P.

Remember that the LSL has the wider beam of the LS Line.

Beamshot