NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        

Thread: Imalent, not a good company to do business with IMHO

Enlightened

Default Imalent, not a good company to do business with IMHO

Purchased a LD10 during their US Black Friday sale. Turns out they had none in the US, so I had to wait over a month before they finally shipped it to me. To get from Georgia to new York took a little less than a month. It sat in Georgia for 2 weeks with a tracking number, but never made it's way to a post office for shipping. Possibly not an Imalent issue, and maybe a post office issue due to Covid, but 2 weeks between sending me a tracking number, and the tracking showing it actually left the shipping post office.
    I get it about a month after the tracking number was sent to me. I open the box and charge the light as it was only halfway charged. No problem. I turn it on, and it's locked in turbo mode. The on/off/mode button does nothing in regards to changing brightness. I cannot even turn the light off. Successive clicks of the button show on the OLED display that the light is changing modes, or that it is off, but the light remains locked on in turbo. I take a video of all of this. I had to place it outside to let it run down the battery as I was afraid of the battery possibly venting or worse.
    I contact Imalent and a few days later they say they need a video of the issue. I send them the video. I wait a few days and no response. I contact them again, and they again say they need a video to provide me a replacement. I send them the video a second time. I wait, and nothing. Contact them again. Days later I get a return authorization and address. Wife sends back package January 19, 2021(without tracking☹️), due to shipping and tracking costing a lot more than I paid for the light. I hear nothing from them for a month. I contact them and they tell me they are located in a big warehouse with other companies, and without a tracking number no one there will help them to look for my package. I mailed it to the address they gave me. It should have been an address to them, not some other company in their warehouse. I'm basically out of luck and they don't seem to care. I would have no reason to keep a sealed flashlight that's DOA. There's no reason to NOT send it back. It does me no good to keep it.
    I emailed them a week ago to tell them I did not pay the extra fee for a tracking number. I've heard nothing since.

With this experience, I've learned a valuable lesson. One, don't let anyone mail something for you, unless you know they are going to follow your directions (pay the extra fee for tracking)(Imalent did not cover the cost of shipping the light back to them), and two, don't deal with a company that has such horrible customer service and doesn't care to make things right on a DOA product. I'll spend my hard earned money elsewhere!
    Last edited by andygold; 03-01-2021 at 04:32 PM.
    Mainly small lights; Lummi Wee, Lummi Raw, OTR M3, UTorch UT01, Eternalight, Tank007 E09, Jetbeam SF-R26, Astrolux EC01

Default Re: Imalent, not a good company to do business with IMHO

No Imalents for me then!

A 1200 lumen light that runs off an 18350 for $30?
    What could possibly go wrong with that?
    John 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    A 1200 lumen light that runs off an 18350 for $30?
    What could possibly go wrong with that?
    I've got four different Convoy S2+ lights that put out at least that much (and some a bit more) they cost about $18 each

Hit max brightness on 18350, 18650 and even 16340

I bought five Imalent lights, no problems, but I ordered from Skylumen, so Vinh can make things right is there is a problem. So far, I have had no problems with MS18, R90TS, two MS03 and MS06.

My lights.
    2 Cor 5:6-8

Well damn, I have an LD70 that the screen stopped working on it. I've already been in contact with Imalent and sent them a video, just waiting to hear back from them. Light works perfectly except for the LCD screen.
    "America has three cities, New York, San Francisco and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland."- Tennessee Williams

Shrug Re: Imalent, not a good company to do business with IMHO

I wanted to try out a 21700 light so I ordered a DM70 from their website that unfortunately stopped working. Made contact with support, sent in the video they asked for and sent it back to China. 8 weeks later I reached out to them to see if they determined the reason for the failure. When I reached out, I included all the details of the claim, original Sales Order number, tracking, etc. After a few days, they sent me an email asking me to send them a video of the broken light, as if I was just reaching out for the first time... sigh. Maybe their goal is to wear out the customer when there's a problem to cut done on costs

I think this one will end up being a lesson learned.

As a side note, I ended up getting a Fenix PD40R from an online estate sale for $40 (new) a couple of weeks ago. Still not sure how I feel about the rotary switch yet but time will tell.
    Last edited by Siriuslite; 03-06-2021 at 07:08 PM.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by Siriuslite View Post
    I wanted to try out a 21700 light so I ordered a DM70 from their website that unfortunately stopped working. Made contact with support, sent in the video they asked for and sent it back to China. 8 weeks later I reached out to them to see if they determined the reason for the failure. When I reached out, I included all the details of the claim, original Sales Order number, tracking, etc. After a few days, they sent me an email asking me to send them a video of the broken light, as if I was just reaching out for the first time... sigh. Maybe their goal is to wear out the customer when there's a problem to cut done on costs

I think this one will end up being a lesson learned.

As a side note, I ended up getting a Fenix PD40R from an online estate sale for $40 (new) a couple of weeks ago. Still not sure how I feel about the rotary switch yet but time will tell.
    Sadly, I think you are correct! Imalent don't care about your defective light. They got your money, and the customer doesn't seem to matter to them.

I would have thought that this negative press would have them reaching out to me to make things right... But again, it seems they just don't care!
    Mainly small lights; Lummi Wee, Lummi Raw, OTR M3, UTorch UT01, Eternalight, Tank007 E09, Jetbeam SF-R26, Astrolux EC01