• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Malkoff to euorpe (sweden)

pomah

Newly Enlightened
Hi I am thinking of ordering some items for personal use, if anyone in Gothenburg or close buy is interested in some malkoff products write to me, I can order and we just share the shipping costs between us. I feel a bit relucant when I pay 1/3 of the product in shipping costs.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only a as a comment. Due to the fact Sweden is in the "European Union" you may run into the problem that Malkoff does not have any CE Certification. It depends on how the swedish customs handles this. But general every country that is part of the European Union is not allowed to import products without CE.
I am in Germany and I had often trouble with this CE stuff. For the reason that CE is missing i.e. Elzetta can not be bought within the EU.

In case you know there will be no problem at all everything is fine. But at least in Germany it may happen the goods will be returned to sender (best case) or the goods will be destroyed - worst case).

Last edited:

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Totally hypothetical situation, if what if say you had one of our lovely CPFers here in the states get you some *cough* second-hand *cough* newer Malkoff products, and hypothetically (of course), someone were to just box some stuff up privately, and send it to one of their lovely Euro family members, I think customs may have a harder time with those legal BS niceties.....

shipping would still be crazy costs, but hypothetically, that could work, and in theory, I have some experience sending *cough* second-hand *cough* Malkoff product to my lovely EU Brethren.

You may also consider a freight forwarding service, I have literally no idea how those work, but maybe?

Kestrel

Flashaholic
[...] shipping would still be crazy costs, but hypothetically, that could work [...]
In my experience, the expense of shipping small packages to Europe is quite reasonable; as long as insurance coverage is declined - and both parties are cool with that.

An option that is not really open to commercial sellers, as their business model wouldn't normally include assuming the risks of merchandise loss via the contracted shippers.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks K! Great points!

I've only shipped outside the UK once so I have no solid familiarity with the rest of the EU, I know Asia is crazy right now, but I'm sure we could work something out either way.

coffeecup66

Enlightened
Totally hypothetical situation, if what if say you had one of our lovely CPFers here in the states get you some *cough* second-hand *cough* newer Malkoff products, and hypothetically (of course), someone were to just box some stuff up privately, and send it to one of their lovely Euro family members, I think customs may have a harder time with those legal BS niceties.....

shipping would still be crazy costs, but hypothetically, that could work, and in theory, I have some experience sending *cough* second-hand *cough* Malkoff product to my lovely EU Brethren.

You may also consider a freight forwarding service, I have literally no idea how those work, but maybe?

You may want to totally stop suggesting totally ILLEGAL practices on a totally public forum.

It's not as if there weren't thousands of companies out there who manage to trade with the EU while totally respecting its' rules and laws. And for products that are hugely more complex and expensive than flashlights.

Sweden is not a "developping" country. (...at least wasn't the last time I checked ! )

Get a grip man.

Cheers.

Last edited:

NYCT

Newly Enlightened
I want to buy one of Malkoff's new M61W so badly but can't afford the shipping cost to England, it's such a shame.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
:laughing:

I think my grip is fine, I don't drop things very often and I haven't crushed much with it yet either so I feel like I have a good balance, thanks for your concern :thumbsup:

In any case, for those with poor grips in the EU, I can definitely recommend Malkoffs, I dropped those a few times pretty bad and they all still work great! This would make hilarious headlines though, it would be great advertising for Kathy and Gene as well so it does actually now start to sound like an interesting idea. Quarantine is boring anyways..

OP, please feel free to PM me at any time, we can also correspond over email. Swedish government, just read a few of my PMs and you will find my email and you can track all my nefarious deeds this way if it helps.

pomah

Newly Enlightened
I have received my first order from Malkoff but that was a VME head with 16650 body and 450 lumens drop in, everything was in parts but no issues with customs in Sweden for that order.

But thanks for all the replies, I guess no malkoff fans in Sweden, sad :(