Recommendation For UI

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
HDS lights really are spectacular on nearly every level. I do, however, have a recommendation that I hope is helpful and possible. I always wished I could access the lowest level from off... the UI allows for access to primary from off (1 click) and it allows for access to high from off (click, press) but there is no way to get to low from off. It would be excellent if the UI allowed for low to be accessed from off by a long press, similar to the way that O-Light does it.

Now, I know that this would have implications for momentary functions and, to address this, I would propose that "low with a long press from off" would be the default setting which would be toggled off, or defeated, when the momentary options are enabled.

HDS, you know I love you... make me love you more:naughty:

Last edited:

Croquette

Enlightened
One of my clicky is configured to always start on the lowest level from off. I may have missed something but every mode (click from off, double click, triple click or press and hold ) are fully customizable...

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
HDS lights really are spectacular on nearly every level. I do, however, have a recommendation that I hope is helpful and possible. I always wished I could access the lowest level from off... the UI allows for access to primary from off (1 click) and it allows for access to high from off (click, press) but there is no way to get to low from off. It would be excellent if the UI allowed for low to be accessed from off by a long press, similar to the way that O-Light does it.

Now, I know that this would have implications for momentary functions and, to address this, I would propose that "low with a long press from off" would be the default setting which would be toggled off, or defeated, when the momentary options are enabled.

HDS, you know I love you... make me love you more:naughty:

Program it. That is how my Executives are set-up. I get lowest level from off. I set them this way because when I wake up in the morning I want the lowest level on the first click from off.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
:) said:
to get to low from off.

here is how I do that:

first enable customization:

next go into programming presets ABC: (example shows a rotary, but clickies are programmed the same way)

1. change the brightness of the primary mode (single click, preset B) to any level between 1 and 12 (hds default minimum is level 8)

2. change the brightness of the double click (preset C) to Level 16

3. change the brightness of the triple click (preset D) to level 20

4. keep the brightness of click clickhold (preset A, which is also momentary with press from on) at level 24

here are the levels and outputs of each level (yellow are the factory default, but all can be changed):

29185969617_76924bb2df_h.jpg

Last edited:

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you guys for the replies🤗 What I'm angling for is a third option for brightness from off. We now have option 1 which is a single click and option 2 which is a click press and I am trying to get Henry and the team at HDS to do a third option which is a press and hold for some amount of time. This way, the user has access to three levels of light from off instead of the two levels we have today:nana:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
a third option which is a press and hold for some amount of time. This way, the user has access to three levels of light from off instead of the two levels we have today

maybe you can achieve your goal by using the Momentary or Pseudo momentary options..

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you guys for the replies珞 What I'm angling for is a third option for brightness from off. We now have option 1 which is a single click and option 2 which is a click press and I am trying to get Henry and the team at HDS to do a third option which is a press and hold for some amount of time. This way, the user has access to three levels of light from off instead of the two levels we have today:nana:
Press-and-hold is already used if you have pseudo-momentary enabled.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
there are already three modes available from off:
(by changing the memory setting for single click you could make the light start on preset d, and program that to whatever low level you want)

then pseudo momentary will access preset B at whatever brightness you program

and you still have access to maximum, on preset A:

https://www.hdssystems.com/Products/EdcClickyAdvUsersGuide.pdf
". From Off: the following commands are available when your flashlight is turned off: 

• Click – turns on your flashlight to preset B. 

• Press-and-hold – turns on your flashlight to preset B. If the Pseudo Momentary optional feature is enabled, turns off when button is released. 

• Double-press-and-hold – turns on your flashlight to preset A. If the Pseudo Momentary optional feature is enabled, turns off when button is released. 
"