Charger with auto current selection or manual current setting ?

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor
Take simple operation into account firstly, guess some of you may choose the charger with auto current selection. Just upon your inserting the battery, this kind of smart charger can make intelligent detection for the battery type, battery resistance and input power, then to select suitable charging current for the battery. Really easy to handle.

While, some people tell that they like more "gentle current" slow charging for small batteries, and fast charging with higher amp setting to save time on the trip. So they prefer being able to set the current manually rather than auto detection. And the charger with manual current setting gives more current choice according to users' different demands.

And here, you may consider if there is a charger with both automatic detection and manual adjustment? Actually, there is xtar VC8 charger combining them. It can make intelligent charging, also have five optional currents (3A/2A/1A/0.5A/0.25A) for users to choose manually. And based on your preference, do you like chargers with auto current selection or manual current setting, or both?

NiOOH

Enlightened
The best is to have both IMO, an automatic selection with a possibility for manual override.

TILL-22

Newly Enlightened
I prefer both since, as you correctly stated, sometimes you want to charge a cell fast. I prefer to charge slowly though, even if cells are cheap.

It's probably best to have an automatic detection and then be able to override the current manually.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bring back an updated VP2.

If someone is unable to manually select a current, based on cell size, then they should probably take up bowling as a hobby?

Chris

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me, the choice of simple operation of automatic current mode, or choice of manual current selection is a matter of personality. That's why I like both.

I bought two (2 pieces) Xtar VC8 chargers. I like them. Also, I bought two other chargers that have a total of 12 amps and also are long enough for super long protected, usb 21700 Nightcore E4K and Imalent MS03 21700 batteries.

I also bought a few VP4 and VC4 chargers. I need lots of maximum bay length, lots of amps for charging 4 or 8 x 21700, and I like both auto and manual current options.

I have 49 high performance lights. I like the ones that have on board usb charging, and I like the ones that the cells can be removed for external charging.

Variety is the spice of life.

My lights.

------------------
Because I like big lights, my flashlightical views lean heavily toward both the extreme bright and the extreme heft.

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor
Wow, you have many XTAR chargers! So glad you like them, and we also appreciate your supports. :grin2:
For me, the choice of simple operation of automatic current mode, or choice of manual current selection is a matter of personality. That's why I like both.

I bought two (2 pieces) Xtar VC8 chargers. I like them. Also, I bought two other chargers that have a total of 12 amps and also are long enough for super long protected, usb 21700 Nightcore E4K and Imalent MS03 21700 batteries.

I also bought a few VP4 and VC4 chargers. I need lots of maximum bay length, lots of amps for charging 4 or 8 x 21700, and I like both auto and manual current options.

I have 49 high performance lights. I like the ones that have on board usb charging, and I like the ones that the cells can be removed for external charging.

Variety is the spice of life.

My lights.

------------------
Because I like big lights, my flashlightical views lean heavily toward both the extreme bright and the extreme heft.

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bring back an updated VP2.
^ This. I have two VP4 and two VP2. Both VP2 screens have become dim. In all honesty, I would not buy anything from XTAR other than an updated VP2 and/or VP4. Durable case. AC/DC powered. Simple. No need for USB input. Screens for every bay. 100+ USD is not a problem! I want to see and buy your best and have XTAR take the title of the overall best bay charger away from SkyRC :thumbsup:

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor
Thanks for your guys' suggestions!:twothumbs All kind feedback will be collected for our products' improving.