Looking for lowest lumen incandescent lamp assembly for surefire e1e

tony212

Newly Enlightened
Lumens Factory carries the HO-E1A 3v 40 lumen lamp assembly for the surefire e1e but it is too bright for my use. Need a lamp assembly that has an incandescent bulb and that has lower lumens so its not as bright.
Any suggestions?

Also, was there anyone successful in ever having multiple outputs of brightness settings with an incandescent lamp assembly.

Thank you in advance!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Tony, it seems the market has been geared to brighter. You desire is not unwarranted, just not what the industry has moved toward. The original E1 was a marvelous 25 lumens and that was astounding at one point but……everybody wanted more more more, which is one reason in its time the E1 was deemed too weak by the market. And one reason they are so highly prized now.

My "compromise" was to have a singLED module made by Tana in a 3600 tint at its lowest amperage draw available. It max's out at 100 lumens but the interface allows as little as 5 lumens. I keep it set at 25 lumens in a sequence that each half press causes it to be brighter but the memory always starts off at 25.

Realizing that is not the answer you seek, it is an option if you choose to "cave in" :sigh: and go LED.

archimedes

Flashaholic
To expand on a few of the ideas already mentioned above ...

• vintage lamp assembly was available at lower output, and perhaps a WTB might be fruitful

• the E1 series were able to be fitted with bezel filters (such as red, blue, diffuser, etc) and some of these reduce output, or could be modified to do so

• even a simple neutral density filter might be placed on the lens, although check that the filter material chosen will tolerate the heat there

• there was an E-series LightSaver Miser device to reduce output for incandescent lamps, although since discontinued, but (again) perhaps sourced via WTB

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ghtSaver-Miser-SF-E-series-multi-level-strobe

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumens Factory carries the HO-E1A 3v 40 lumen lamp assembly for the surefire e1e but it is too bright for my use. Need a lamp assembly that has an incandescent bulb and that has lower lumens so its not as bright.
Any suggestions?

Also, was there anyone successful in ever having multiple outputs of brightness settings with an incandescent lamp assembly.

Thank you in advance!

The only manufacturer who had two output levels with incandescents that I am aware of is Surefire. Good luck finding any of those for a reasonable price. Although perhaps you are willing to spend that much on a 9N Commander or an old Aviator. The Commander used two separate halogen lamps with low being around 20 Surefire Lumens while the Aviator used a set of LEDs for low with a xenon lamp for high. I think the low power LEDs were just standard T1 3/4 or 5mm LEDs with the standard Xenon halogen lamp for white light.

LEDs are just easier to control and less power hungry than an incandescent bulb plus you can find them in a wide range of color temps as well as color ranges. RGB plus cool or warm white.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
The MN01 lamp assembly of the E1/E1e is rated at 15 lumens, not 25.

The MN02 is rated at 25 lumens.

In reality the MN01 is more like 25 lumens on a fresh battery trailing off to 15 lumens for the duration of the runtime.

The MN02 is more like 40 lumens on fresh batteries trailing of to around 25 lumens for the duration.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Need a lamp assembly that has an incandescent bulb and that has lower lumens so its not as bright.
Any suggestions?
Try to find one of these Bi-pin socket with 2D M*g Bi-Pin Xenon bulb which is good match with primary CR123A
If you are using rechargeable 16340 then M*g 3D bulb would work best.