$9.23 knife at the rope

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast

eek.gif
Some times , rarely - But some times . You have a win !
popcorn.gif

This knife has been teasing me for about a year now . And for my birthday I got some winning lottery tickets ( Chump Change ) .
Yeah , the wins were chump change as far as lottery wins go but ... enough money to buy a $9.23 knife that's been calling out to me for around 12 months or so . I mean , who am I not to fall for that siren song
rolleyes.gif

A) For $9.23 it's really well made , no play - everything is tight - I mean nothing to complain about .
B) The factory edge was paper slicing sharp - That was a surprise - especially at the price point of 9 bananas .
C) The grind was ok except that each side was at a different angle - A lot of companies are doing that !
D) I mean , this is a no name budget junk knife right ?
tongue.gif

Slicing rope :

Factory edge .......... Well that factory edge gave 80 slices which is almost double what I was expecting !

180 grit Diamond cut edge .......
eek.gif
This is where things got very interesting . Really interesting ! Especially if you like good cheap knives . Cheap and good dont usually go together ! when talking knives ( Until today )

Around 70 slices I noticed the edge was having issue getting through the edge of the paper , I suspected that the edge might be rolling . And the edge had in deed rolled . But the knife kept going and the roll started to diminish . The knife just kept going till the edge failed after 240 slices . 240 slices of rope out of a $9.23 knife . That is crazy .... This knife kicks a lot of more expensive knives to the curb . I cant even begin to rubbish Brand name knife makers enough when a cheap knife outperforms more expensive bragged about knives .

Yeah , buying a knife is like buying a lottery ticket ... Some times you win !