47 Mini MKII Help

Sos24

Enlightened
I have an older (pre-prometheus) Mini MKII that I somehow screwed up the configuration on and can't figure out how to fix. It seems the light is in a single mode configuration, but not high.

I have tried to fix it by following the steps listed for changing the configuration (twist on-off 10x in 3 seconds), but it doesn't give me any flash at all.

Anyone have any ideas on how I fix it?
Is there a way to reset the light back to manufacture configuration?
I was happy with it in configuration 6 and didn't intentionally change it.

Msf

Enlightened
I am sure you have already tried a fresh battery, but a faulty battery has given me similar symptoms before. Might want to try emailing support at darksucks as he will respond even though it's pre-Prometheus. Good luck.

Sos24

Enlightened
I tried different batteries (both 16340 and CR123 primary)

I also thought I'd try here first, because I contacted darksucks about a week ago on a different topic and haven't heard back.

shawn a.

Newly Enlightened
I just got a Mini MK II in the titanium PVD version. For the life of me, I can't seem to turn it on and off ten times in three seconds! I too, would love to hear about a factory reset. I bought it as a "used" shelf queen. It looks brand new! March 10th 2021.
Right now, after experimenting, I found it may be malfunctioning. It can come on with the first twist on strobe. Strobe is not listed as an initial function on any of the six configurations. It seems to be in configuration 2 - just high and low, except it comes on in low, not high, unless it comes on in strobe! I'll try to contact darksucks and post any reply here.
When the wildfires came through here in California, we had an hour to evacuate and half of that was spent chasing our most skittish cat around the house! We wouldn't have left without her. But in true flashaholic fashion, I saved most of my lights. But we lost everything we had to leave behind. I've given away a few Quark 123s with extra batteries to other fire victims that obviously had no flashlights. But I'm still puzzled by this Mini MK II!

Last edited:
Hi Shawn,

A technique that's a bit easier to conduct is to tighten the bezel until the light comes on then back it off a bit. Now just apply pressure on the bezel and release it the required number of times to place the light into programing mode. Easy Peasy. :thumbsup: Of course, you'll need to turn the bezel to the on position once the correct amount of pressures have been applied.

shawn a.

Newly Enlightened
I tried it and it seems to work. However the light is still malfunctioning. It doesn't go to the configuration the flashes signify.

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you going by the mkii configurations list instead of the mkiii?

Just in case you need it,
Config. 1: High
Config. 2: High - Low
Config. 3: High - Strobe
Config. 4: Low - Med - High - Strobe
Config. 5: Low - Med - High - Strobe - SOS - Beacon (hi) - Beacon (lo)
Config. 6: Moonlight - Low - Med - High

shawn a.

Newly Enlightened
It seems like I'm using the correct configuration list. It also seems like the only way to get this particular light to function correctly is to use the squeeze method with the head twisted just shy of "on". I can use it that way, but I'm not a fan of a twisty light that is almost too small to hold and operate with two hands. I now just squeeze it to go to other levels within a particular configuration and when I get to the level I want I just tighten it at that point.
Thanks for mentioning the squeeze trick.

shawn a.

Newly Enlightened
Oh , hey Chauncy,
I did the same thing you did with a PK Knight and a 123 body and cap!

shawn a.

Newly Enlightened
It seems like it was my 72 year old reflexes, using your tip, I can now cycle between configurations and modes and do it successfully!
Thanks again!

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems like it was my 72 year old reflexes, using your tip, I can now cycle between configurations and modes and do it successfully!
Thanks again!
Yes.
Good to hear You have found the discreet way to program your Mini!
A gentle flexing of the bezel does wonders :)