Highest drain (Amps) 16340 battery?

ipaulr

Newly Enlightened
What is currently the highest drain rechargeable battery in 16340 size?

The best I can find is the Nitecore RCR123A NL166 650 mAh with a max drain of 6.5 A.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is currently the highest drain rechargeable battery in 16340 size?

The best I can find is the Nitecore RCR123A NL166 650 mAh with a max drain of 6.5 A.

For a 'protected cell' (which I prefer to use when possible), that NL166 is probably pretty hard to beat(?), although I've not tried them (but probably will). I have and use some of the Vapcell IMR unprotected cells (mentioned here) in lights with length issues, and they may be the highest rated max drain, but they're often dicey to find. I also have some Efest red V2 IMR unprotected cells (700 mah / 5 A cont) that have worked well in that role, and are (or at least were) much easier to find than the Vapcells.

Last edited:

Shrigg

Newly Enlightened
For a 'protected cell' (which I prefer to use when possible), that NL166 is probably pretty hard to beat(?), although I've not tried them (but probably will). I have and use some of the Vapcell IMR unprotected cells (mentioned here) in lights with length issues, and they may be the highest rated max drain, but they're often dicey to find. I also have some Efest red V2 IMR unprotected cells (700 mah / 5 A cont) that have worked well in that role, and are (or at least were) much easier to find than the Vapcells.

illumn has the vapcells now: https://www.illumn.com/16340-vapcell-inr16340-t8-850mah-3a-high-discharge-button-top.html