HDS Systems        

Thread: Head Compatibility

Default Head Compatibility

Hello friends. I was looking into the possibility of getting an MDC 1CR123. I wanted to have the ability to use RCR123s, so I was planning on getting a MDC 1CR123 body and an M61L (or LL) dropin. But what heads are compatible with the MDC? The MDX head is listed as compatible with the MD2, MD3, and MD4. Will MDX heads fit on an MDC body? I saw on an older thread that the VME head will fit the MDC, but can it fit the MD2 or MD3 lights? Do I need to just get a complete MDC and switch out the LED later? Thanks!

Default Re: Head Compatibility

The MDX heads will not fit the MDC lineup. If you have a MDC body all you need is the VME head and you can fit M61ís and M31ís in it. Just not the throw Dropin ex M61T M91T
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Why not just get the 16650/ lithium-ion head for the MDC? As Thermal points out the best way to get and M61 dropin is the VME head.

The MDC is an "E-series" head. I wonder if an E to C Surefire converter would work.... same threading, just need less of it..... battery tube length wouldn't be right but now I have to try!
    Proud owner, SkyLumen Nguyen #011
    List of my lights!

Will the VME head fit on MDX bodies?

Quote Originally Posted by AmadeusChapter View Post
    Will the VME head fit on MDX bodies?
    The VME will only fit an "E" series body.
    "Open the pod bay doors, please, Hal"

Quote Originally Posted by dotCPF View Post
    Why not just get the 16650/ lithium-ion head for the MDC? As Thermal points out the best way to get and M61 dropin is the VME head.

The MDC is an "E-series" head. I wonder if an E to C Surefire converter would work.... same threading, just need less of it..... battery tube length wouldn't be right but now I have to try!
    I have used a C to E adapter on an MDC body, also used on a Vital Gear E body.
    "Open the pod bay doors, please, Hal"

The bodyguard v1 will run on both cr123 and 16340's. I'm not sure if that output and operation is something you're looking for.

You could run a VME head on a 123 body and swap out m61 drop ins with m31 drop ins when you want to switch back and forth between 123 primaries and 16340's or get yourself an mdc to run on 123's and pick up a vme head with m61 drop in and swap the heads along with the batteries.

Thanks, that's what I needed to know!