Acebeam        

Thread: Single Cell Light for EDC 3000k HCRI

Default Single Cell Light for EDC 3000k HCRI

I知 looking for a new EDC that takes a single 18350 or 16340. I知 very happy with my modified Incan MDC, but I知 consistently getting less than 1 hour of runtime out of it. There have now been a couple times were my light died on me when I needed it, and I am usually not carrying spare batteries. I love the Incan beam, so I知 looking for something similar in tint to replace it, but LED and with at least 2 modes and better runtime. So that means 3000 - 3400k and high CRI.

- No PWM
    - Regulated/constant brightness
    - Not more than 2 or 3 modes
    - proud, rear, forward clicky with momentary
    - Clip (ideally fixed by screws, don稚 like clip-on clips much)
    - 50+ Lumens output on high (maybe around 5 to 15 on low)
    - Throw or flood is not important.
    - Coated Glass lens, not acrylic
    - Simple UI without special modes like SOS or strobe.
    - not much bigger than my MDC (not much longer then 9cm/3.5in)
    - Not made of copper, Brass, Bronze. Aluminium, Steel, Titanium or even Magnesium are all fine.
    - Good quality (obviously)
    - budget is maybe up-to around 150
    - I can deal with vendors based outside of Europe if necessary if they ship here, but availability in Europe is nonetheless important.

I don稚 require internal charging.

I hope there is something out there for me. Thanks to all in advance.

Default Re: Single Cell Light for EDC 3000k HCRI

Why not repurpose your MDC instead (assuming you are referring to the Malkoff MDC)? VME head + M61WLL (3K 95 CRI) or possibly VME head + M361N-LMH (4K 95 CRI).

Thats a good idea except it would still only be single mode, and 80 Lumens is way too bright for many close-up tasks. Regarding the other option, different then SF and most others, Malkoff L/M/H have mode switching determined by ON-time, which as I discovered with my stock MDC is not something I can deal with. Also 4000k is too neutral (my original MDC head is 4000k).

Perhaps a Convoy S2+ with an XM-L2 T4 7A (3000K-3200K) 7135*3. Under 20 USD.

Do you have a link to that? But that light is almost 12cm in length. I dont think I would carry anything that long. My EDC often goes into my 5th pocket. Thats why I specified 18350/16340
    Last edited by Olumin; 03-08-2021 at 06:01 PM.

Next to 1x18350 and 1x16340...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32221134204.html

Pick up a Surefire E1e or build a clone from Lumensfactory parts, contact Tana about building you a SingLED module for it to your requirements. He may be able to program or source a driver for your specs. His sales threads with contact info can be found here under Custom and Modified B/S/T. You could also program an HDS Clicky to have only the brightnesses you want, and have the emitter swapped to one of your liking. May be pushing past your budget a bit, but worth investigating?
    Last edited by scout24; 03-08-2021 at 06:10 PM.
    The TK20. Yes, it still rocks- WoodsWalker

Ah I see, I was thinking of the standard 18650 S2+. Didn't even know this existed. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    Pick up a Surefire E1e or build a clone from Lumensfactory parts, contact Tana about building you a SingLED module for it to your requirements. He may be able to program or source a driver for your specs. His sales threads with contact info can be found here under Custom and Modified B/S/T. You could also program an HDS Clicky to have only the brightnesses you want, and have the emitter swapped to one of your liking. May be pushing past your budget a bit, but worth investigating?
    Thats certainly enticing. Well, I already have the MDC and E series head from Lumensfactory. Can you push me in the general direction of what something like this might roughly cost once its done?

Alright, since I needed to order a M61WLL anyway, I also picked up a VME head with it. It will still be a single mode light, but with a runtime of around 5 hours, its certainly a lot better then 50 minutes. I will see weather or not 80 lumens is too bright for close up wok. If im not satisfied, I will contact Tana about a custom module. This is certainly worth a try. Thanks for your suggestions.