3156 and 3157 bulb upgrades

jlwm

Newly Enlightened
After upgrading my rear turn signal bulbs, front turn signal/parking light bulbs and brake light bulbs in my Mercedes-Benz W126 using Honda/Stanley bulbs, I would like to know if I can similarly upgrade the tail/brake/rear turn signal and reverse and cornering bulbs in my 2004 Lincoln Town Car. My Lincoln uses 3157 bulbs for the tail/brake/rear turn signal lamps and 3156 bulbs for the reverse and cornering lamps. If I understood an old post here correctly, I should be able to substitute 3457 bulbs for the 3157s to have slightly brighter brake and turn signal lamps (402 lumens vs 502 lumens) with a negligible difference in wattage. I want to confirm that info is correct and that there's no risk of melting anything and if there's any preferred bulb brand to use. I also would like to know if there is a worthwhile upgrade for the 3156 bulbs in the reverse lamps and cornering lamps. I have 796 bulbs in the reverse lamps of my W126 from Daniel Stern as a recommended upgrade and wouldn't mind a similar upgrade for my Lincoln if available.

Thanks in advance.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
All that is correct.
these and these are fine.

I have 796 bulbs in the reverse lamps of my W126 from Daniel Stern as a recommended upgrade and wouldn't mind a similar upgrade for my Lincoln if available.

You and me both! Unfortunately there is no such bulb :-(