Need a Flood light

GunZz

Newly Enlightened
Hey all, Need you to recommend a good flood light. I got a bunch of good long distance throw lights. But, I need a new flood light. Under $200 would be ideal and available world wide shipping.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey all, Need you to recommend a good flood light. I got a bunch of good long distance throw lights. But, I need a new flood light. Under $200 would be ideal and available world wide shipping.

Add a diffuser to any of your existing lights. Could even make a diffuser out of milk jug plastic cut to the appropriate size and fit under the existing lens. My Lumintop FW3A is a very nice flood light. Needs a particularly compact 18650 with no button on top such as the LG HG2s that I bought for it.

parang

Newly Enlightened
I am happy with these:

Manker E14 III,
Armytek Wizard Pro,
Acebeam EC65,
Acebeam TK16.

No hot spots at all.

Vemice

Enlightened
Mule maybe? Not sure which battery type you are interested in though.

Scotty321

Newly Enlightened
What size/battery/runtime are you looking for?

Under what distances are you planning on using it?

Are you sure you want a flood or do you want something that is floody (has a slight hotspot)? Do you want it to have a magnet, e.g. for attaching under the hood or to the fender of a vehicle?

Also, do any of your throwers have a white diffuser option? For example, Nitecore has a white diffuser that fits over 40mm heads. There are other sizes available from a couple manufacturers.

My Nitecore MH25GT is a thrower, but with the diffuser on, it is more floody than almost all of my "flood" flashlights.

Last edited:

ten5three

Newly Enlightened
What configuration are you looking for? are you looking for a "it's midnight and someone just turned on the sun in my backyard," or a pocketable useful flood, indoors, and outdoor out to about 50 yards?

Do you want simple, or complex with a programmable UI with multiple modes?

if you want simple, pocketable, great beam profile, and enough juice to light up a room, get a Surefire Backup MV ($130). Very floody wall of light type profile, but also enough punch to get out to around 50 yards outside. Also, grab a Lumens Factory 18650 body ($35) for it so you can get a good extended runtime and a little extra output.

It's not sexy, it's not exotic, it's just simple, tough, and does what you need it to. In stock form, the high/low are great levels and very useful. I reach for mine most often while tooling around the house after everyone has gone to bed, or while walking out to the out-building (about 50 yards from the house) at night when I don't want to kick a skunk or walk through a herd of deer. I wound up modding mine with a Hi CRI 5000K Nichia 319A/T and H17Fx driver just so I could have more options, but the stock emitter tint and beam profile was very neutral white and almost matched the Nichia. A 319 fits the stock reflector well, so you know you can swap the emitter down the road if you like (and retain the stock driver).

If you don't go that route, any of the modern triple emitter lights, like the Lumintop FW03, put off quite a lot of flood for next to no money (around $50).

RamBull

Newly Enlightened
A good flood I have is actually a headlamp, the Zebralight H600Fc.

Maybe consider the Manker 34vn for pop can $175. https://skylumen.com/products/manker-mk34vn-ii-2021-pocket-flood-king-r?_pos=1&_sid=e27f69dae&_ss=r

If you want a little bit of throw and flood maybe the Manker MK39vn for $200. https://skylumen.com/products/manke...row-searchlight-r?_pos=1&_sid=0f0ed41e4&_ss=r

For good CRI maybe the K9.3vn with 219b sw35 and red secondary for $180. https://skylumen.com/products/nocti...1&_sid=99d658bb9&_ss=r&variant=39428932403360

Good luck.[emoji256]

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might want to check out the Malkoff "Wildcat" on Malkoffdevices dot com. It puts out a lot of light on high, but has a built-in low mode also. You can decide which MDx body length you want to use for rechargeable Li-ion cells. I don't have one, but only because I have several other floody options. I do have Gene's "Houndog" (thrower), and it's a brute. I think that there are beamshots on his website.

3_gun

Enlightened
I just made the same search and ended on a Fenix SD11 dive light. Dive light you say? Well it's meant for under water camera work. Even comes with a camera mount. Two levels 500 & 1000L with claimed run times of 3 1/2 & 2hrs and throws of just 30 & 45 meters.. And as a dive light I doubt heat would ever be an issue sadly I don't dive so I guess I'll find out if heat build up causes step downs. On sale now for under $100 and uses standard 18650 batteries. I'll post a review once I get a few hours of use under my belt.

MX421

Enlightened
Zebralight H604c is my preference for a flood. The H600F is floody as well, but it does have a brighter enter. I agree wit
h just putting a diffuser on one of your other lights as well.