Leef/mag build

thermal guy

Flashaholic
So I was gifted by a very kind member a leef 26650 body with a mag adapter and mag head. Anyone have any luck setting one of these up? Will a Malkoff mag dropin work? Thanks.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have mine set up with a malkoff maglite drop in. i needed a slug the length of a double a battery to get it to make contact from the led to the top of the battery but it works fine wiith my 2x26650 setup

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Wait? Lol a slug where ? In the head or the battery tube? That's like 1.8"

lightknot

Flashlight Enthusiast
R89uZC.jpg
The Big LeeF on the left, tailcap, 2x 26500 body tubes and Surefire C thread adapter. Shown with a Z44 bezel. We have 40+ body tubes, if you're feeling adventurous. Uses a Big LeeF to C adapter. We also have adapters for Maglite heads and Surefire M heads.
The one on the middle, (no logo) is 1x18650, no guts tailcap and Surefire bezel, all Cerakoted. C head and C tail.
On the right is a Cerakoted LeeF body, C tail and M head.
Aluminum tailcap on top of pic is unmarked and unloaded, knurled bead blasted aluminum.

Last edited:

lightknot

Flashlight Enthusiast
y51uLa.jpg
Clockwise from bottom left: Big LeeF to Surefire M head adapter; Surefire M head, (Note anodizing match.) Big LeeF to Maglite head adapter, (matches Big LeeF knurled body tubes, above) And an unmarked prototype tailcap in a silvery nickle finish. (unloaded)

Last edited:

lightknot

Flashlight Enthusiast
ZUjy8X.jpgx0qUnD.jpgC5ioVO.jpg

This is what we have:
Big LeeF tailcaps (functional, big spring and switches installed, rubber boots, HAIII black: 11 available.
Big LeeF 26500 knurled, HAIII black body tubes: 40+ available.
Big LeeF to Surefire C thread adapters, HAIII black: 20+ available.
Big LeeF to Maglite head adapters, teardrop, HAIII black: 20+ available.
Big LeeF to Surefire M head adapters, teardrop, HAIII natural: 20+ available.

2PoBbU.jpg

Last edited: