More Lighting Questions... 1977 M-B 450SL Taillamps

darksider415

Newly Enlightened
So, despite what the Sylvania bulb guide wants one to believe, my 450SL uses a 6418 festoon bulb as the tail lamp, and I'm wondering if there is a better replacement out there, since I'm already replacing all of the signal/brake lamps with the Honda/Stanley parts.

They don't have to be super bright, as that defeats the purpose of a tail lamp, but I'm wondering if there's an improved bulb of a similar type that won't disrupt the contrast between the brake and tail lenses.

Thank you!

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
The bulb you want is a C6WX. Candlepower used to sell them, but Candlepower closed down for good. See if Dan Stern has any.

Qship1996

Enlightened
The bulb you want is a C6WX. Candlepower used to sell them, but Candlepower closed down for good. See if Dan Stern has any.

So sad, original owners sold business to long time employee Kenny, who I have met many times throughout the years, and he died shortly after of a massive heart attack. Kenny was a great guy, an enthusiast with a passion for what he did, and would spend much time with you whenever you visited the shop, even gave me a grand tour once- he will be missed.

Last edited: