is there a electricbikeunder700 us bucks thats decent

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im sick of walking im useing it to get foodand dr appt. i was going to buy a cheap 50 cc scotter bht there no longer cheap for some reason.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i went with the amazon add bike sure i have to keep thst penant on it advertising the bikes brand and its onky 500 watts a poweer but for 80 bucks i took the gamble

FairFrank

Newly Enlightened
i went with the amazon add bike sure i have to keep thst penant on it advertising the bikes brand and its onky 500 watts a poweer but for 80 bucks i took the gamble
What is the model and how did you get it?

onemorejolt

Newly Enlightened
eBikes are very specific tools, usually misapplied to the task . Overhyped overpriced overweight and oversold.
The right tool when applied may be good. Many will end up rotting in a garage, if not part of a good plan.
Know your application well, don't buy potential , expectation or hype.
Know the range and charge necessary to execute.
Lipos are a firebomb that stores electricity and the most expensive part of the SYSTEM.
Hard to get a durable reliable safe battery pack for less than 50% of your budget.
Hard to get a good bike for less than $2000. You can learn from a crp build but you most likely won't ride it much, without a LOT of planning.
Good luck

I want to provide a follow-up comment to onemorejolt's post above. I agree with him that $2K is a reasonable price for a good, reputable, reliable eBike. I've done considerable research into different brands, construction, and capabilities of various eBikes for my particular purposes, and the best price I found for a solid performing bike is $1,800 (plus delivery). This price point holds true regardless of whether you're looking for an urban street bike, or an off-road fat tire adventure hauler. The adage "buy once, cry once" applies here.

Choose wisely, grasshopper.

I can't speak to the availability of eBikes in general, but supply chain delays are affecting this segment too, as evidenced by the slightly longer delivery times in late 2021, as compared to even mid-2020.

onemorejolt

Newly Enlightened
Prices are higher , currently. Supply chain issue affecting cost and there is more competition for labor and copper.
Most all of the bikes and components are Chinese, with a few German/EU.
What used to be slow is now the proverbial slow boat from China.
Increasing EU sales, to the tune of 30% in some bike markets pushing prices as well.
What you get with a "white bike" or cheap kit is an exposure to the tech and lots of problems.
This may serve to help learn the field, and you can make almost anything do anything.
Heck , guys do world tours on unicycles, and put ICE whizzy motors on old Schwinns.
Well balanced, safety conscious, focused, reliable tools are pricey up front.
DIY project bikes require a big investment in time to meet most needs.
The biggest expense risk comes from bad decision making.
How they store, secure, charge, maintain, and insure get often overlooked.