Strion bulb for TL-3?

Stream

Enlightened
I recently ordered some replacement bulbs for a Streamlight TL-3 xenon through a dealer, and what I got were Strion bulbs with a sticker on the back that says "TL-3 replacement bulb". This confuses me a little since I thought Strion bulbs were 3.6V and TL-3 bulbs are 9V. I've searched the forum and the internet, but found no answer. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
You are correct Stream, the TL3 was a 3x123 light while the Strion was a 1 x rechargeable 3.6 volt battery light.
Perhaps give the dealer a call (or email) to see what they say.

Stream

Enlightened
Yes, I've emailed the dealer to see if they know anything. What I wanted to ask the forum members is whether anyone knows of any instance where some type of Strion bulb can be used in a TL-3. The package says Strion, the leaflet inside says "Tactical series", and the sticker on the back has a barcode and says "Mexico" and "TL-3 replacement bulb".

Last edited:

Stream

Enlightened
No, it doesn't state voltage. Dealer says he doesn't know either, so I'm at a loss.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently ordered some replacement bulbs for a Streamlight TL-3 xenon through a dealer,

Are the bulbs you received in the sealed package? If yes, it should say on back of package.
You can also install on your TL-3 and power it up with single li-ion cell such as 16650 or single 16340
Brightness and whiter color temperature will tell if they are Strion bulb.
If you notice dim and yellow output, then they are TL-3 bulb.

Stream

Enlightened
Yes, they are in a sealed package. The front says "Strion" and the back has a sticker that says "TL-3 replacement bulb". Two seeming contradictions.

My TL-3 is powered by two AW 17500 batteries (they are at least 15 years old but still work great lol). I don't have a 16650 battery, but I have two 16340 batteries. I don't have enough spacer cells to run it with any one battery that I have. But I have a Streamlight Scorpion, and I may be able to run it with one of the 17500s plus one spacer cell.