The best 18650 battery

ZealLove

Newly Enlightened
i just bought a new armytek wizard c2 headlight and i had a discussion with a friend who told me that the panasonic 18650 battery that came with the lamp is crap and i should buy a samsung or a sony battery to get the most out of the lamp.

Is it any truth in what he says?

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
There may be truth that the battery isn't up to the current draw of the light on Turbo mode. I would look up the current demand of the light and compare it with the battery's recommended max current capability.

Last edited:

NiOOH

Enlightened
While Panasonic cells are far from crap (in fact, they are among the best on the market), the current draw of the light in turbo mode may be a bit too high for them. What is the cell model #? Panasonic has low to medium current 18650 cells, but not high current ones like Samsung 30Q or Murata VTC6.
If you give the cell model and the current draw of the light, I can comment more.

Rhodie

Newly Enlightened
As other have mentioned, take a peek at the demands of your flashlight. I had a similar problem with my Acebeam TK18, all the modes worked well with the exception of Turbo, which was non existent. On a recommendation from one of the fine members in this forum I purchased a couple Sanyo 18650 3500 mAh High Drain 10a (unprotected), Turbo now works fine.

ZealLove

Newly Enlightened
It's a 18650 3500mAh Li-lon,3.7v 13.0 Wh.

Sry but english is not my first language, what do you mean with draw of the light?

ZealLove

Newly Enlightened
As other have mentioned, take a peek at the demands of your flashlight. I had a similar problem with my Acebeam TK18, all the modes worked well with the exception of Turbo, which was non existent. On a recommendation from one of the fine members in this forum I purchased a couple Sanyo 18650 3500 mAh High Drain 10a (unprotected), Turbo now works fine.

Same here, it's pretty much the same light on all three turbo levels, but according to armytek it should be: turbo 3 2500 lumen (30secs) Turbo 2 1750 lumen (2mins) turbo 1 870 lumen (9mins)

NiOOH

Enlightened

Sry but english is not my first language, what do you mean with draw of the light?

Means how much current the light consumes on different modes. We need this and the model of your battery in order to see whether the battery is designed to deliver this current.

Last edited:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast

The cell is probably the Sanyo-Panasonic NCR18650GA with 10A protection circuit and button top installed.

If so, then it's good for 10 amps continuous and w/o knowing your light, should probably be fine.

Chris

ZealLove

Newly Enlightened
Ok thanks for the help, funny how small the world becomes with internet, here i sit in sweden and have a discussion with a friend, then a few hours later i get help from people living on the other side of the world.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok thanks for the help, funny how small the world becomes with internet, here i sit in sweden and have a discussion with a friend, then a few hours later i get help from people living on the other side of the world.

We're only here to help and to drink any free beer you might send our way.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Chris