Malkoff VME/MDX/etc vs C/E thread

fulee9999

Enlightened
I'm trying to come up with a few lego builds, but the more I research the more confusing it gets.
So my current understanding is that the Malkoff VME head is compatible with Oveready E35/E70 hosts, and some SureFires... SureFire E series from what I gather from the website, but what does that entail? I mean what exact models is it compatible with?

Also the MDX is a C-thread if I'm right? Which would be compatible with a SureFire 6PX..? Or not?

HALP.:duh2:

Edit: The tailcaps are compatible all around as far as I can tell, the Malkoff tailcap goes with the 6PX, the G2X ( however the G2X is plastic ) and vica versa, so basically the threading is the same, but you can opt for a Z41 style push and twist, Z59 clicky, or McClicky, or even for a ZeroRes one with a spacer.

Last edited:

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
It will be compatible with anything called or labeled "e" series. If it's a SF, it will have "E" in the name obviously. Many other companies make E-series parts including but not limited to Malkoff Devices (MDC), Oveready (e), Fivemega, RPM, and many others. They all pretty directly say "E series lights"

"Also the MDX is a C-thread if I'm right?"

Yes, it is, but C-series lights/ bodies are not compatible with MDX heads* and vice-versa.

"Which would be compatible with a SureFire 6PX..? Or not?"

None. The newer "X" gen lights are different threads entirely, I think Lumens Factory and maybe FiveMega make some P60 heads for these now however.

"he tailcaps are compatible all around as far as I can tell"

Yes.

"but you can opt for a Z41 style push and twist, Z59 clicky, or McClicky, or even for a ZeroRes one with a spacer."

As long as they are for "C" series lights, yes.

ALSO there are E to C adapters, and maybe C to E?

fulee9999

Enlightened
So the SF X series like 6PX and G2X has some new head threads, however they still retain the C series threads in the back, right?

Also based on this logic, an MDX head is compatible with the old SF 6P host?

And if I get this right, there is no C series 18350 size host currently? ( the OR is E series based on the information above, but with E to C converter [ and spacer I assume ] would accept an MDX head )

Last edited:

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
The MDx and SFx heads are not interchangeable.
If you want an 18350 Malkoff host, FiveMega and Martin D White both make custom MD1's. These are only compatible with Malkoff MDx heads.

FiveMega may still make a 18350 C to C body. You'll need to search for his threads.

fulee9999

Enlightened
Oh wow, thanks! I ordered an MD1 from FiveMega right away, I'm excited to build my mini tank :)

troutpool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a picture of a VME head on an Aleph 1.5 body with an RPM tail. Overall length is 4.5 inches. I use one CR123 and a spacer in it.

2EU9R5L.jpg

Nimitz68

Enlightened
Malkoff Ti VME head, McGizmo Ti 2x16340/1x16650 McClickie Pak, and Malkoff M361 N219C 92CRI 3000K drop-in:

20190705_201521.jpg
20190705_201542.jpg
20190705_201558.jpg