Driver for a Eagtac D3C!

rioimmagina

Enlightened
Hello modders,

I bought a nice Eagtac D3C. I knew its UI and I knew I dislike it, so I bought it knowing it was modding material.

In fact, I want to make it my travel/work light. Simple and reliable.

I'll keep the LED (Nichia) as it has good tint.

Which LED driver would you recommend to mod it with? Should I swap the switch too?

Please advice!

Scotty321

Newly Enlightened
I really like my ET Ti's. I thought the Ti versions were harder to take apart to mod, no?

My dream carry light would be a lengthed D3C Ti of the same width but compatible with 2xCR123's and 2xRCR123's and with a forward clicky.

rioimmagina

Enlightened
I really like my ET Ti's. I thought the Ti versions were harder to take apart to mod, no?

My dream carry light would be a lengthed D3C Ti of the same width but compatible with 2xCR123's and 2xRCR123's and with a forward clicky.

I believe you can open it pretty easily. Just unscrew the bezel (maybe boil it first) and pry out the driver. Boom, complete access.

For the extension, you need a friend with a lathe. Buy some stocks of Ti, Cu or a metal you fancy and have it done.

Forward clicky can be installed too. I saw some mods on BLF with it.

Scotty321

Newly Enlightened
I believe you can open it pretty easily. Just unscrew the bezel (maybe boil it first) and pry out the driver. Boom, complete access.

For the extension, you need a friend with a lathe. Buy some stocks of Ti, Cu or a metal you fancy and have it done.

Forward clicky can be installed too. I saw some mods on BLF with it.

Thanks for
the tips!