HDS Systems        
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Binge worthy series

Default Re: Binge worthy series

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    I'm well into the second season now, and have begun cussing in Across the Pond English slang. Thanks, SCEMan.
    Bob's your uncle

i dont like the same tv as others watching corner gas now
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Chernobyl is a 5 part HBO mini series that can be watched in a day. It tells what really happened and each episode is focused on a particular phase of life during and after the disaster. A seemingly uncaring Russian government official ends up playing a big part in the truth being told. Well, at least some of it. To this day the official death toll as told by the Russian government is………31.
    John 3:16

My first, last, and always response to binge series question is 'the wire'.
    This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
    Be prepared for the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by turbodog View Post
    My first, last, and always response to binge series question is 'the wire'.
    Most definitely! Right up there with the Sopranos.

+

A few weeks ago, ran across a series that seemed like it could be interesting.
    Was I wrong, ABSOLUTELY GRIPPING would be a better way to describe (I'm 2/3 way through)

Gangs of London

Justified ....... surprised it hasn't been listed.
    Sometimes I wonder if I've purchased my last flashlight.

Orphan Black and Shadow Hunters have been a pretty good watch too, as well as Colony, and not just because Josh Holloway was in it (though it certainly helped! LOL)

Justified ....... surprised it hasn't been listed.
    I had just finished binge watching the box set when this thread came out. I'm kinda surprised I didn't mention it.
    Now I'm up to season 9 of NCIS.

Hold on, according to post 2 I was still watching Justified……

Really liked Ripper Street (Netflix).

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I had contemplated buying that box set. Now it's in the "yes" column.

I'm binge watching "Justified".
    It stars a Broadway actor who played a role in the series "Damages" who in Justified is a US Marshall who is part Dirty Harry and part Mr Rogers. It costars the guy who played Shane in "the Shield" who is a dastardly hillbilly from an even more dastardly family. It takes place in the Kentucky hills during modern times. It's got a lot of ThrillBilly antics and guest characters you've seen all over the place and you go "now where have I seen that person before?"
    It depicts a criminal enterprise where the more successful folks become the more complicated their lives become. Like any criminal enterprise, betrayal runs rampant and in the end the old adage of "crime doesn't pay" plays out. But it also shows those dumb country hicks aren't so dumb. Meanwhile the main character Rayland Givens "always gets his man"……
    6 seasons with 13 episodes each at 44 minutes long without the comercials when FX showed it.
    I had just finished binge watching the box set when this thread came out. I'm kinda surprised I didn't mention it.
    Now I'm up to season 9 of NCIS.

Hold on, according to post 2 I was still watching Justified……
    Yep! Your outrage is Justified. Don't know how I missed your post. I usually memorize them.

Quote Originally Posted by SCEMan View Post
    Really liked Ripper Street (Netflix).
    Had to cancel Netflix. Cuties was the straw.

I've been binging on Sonic X...... :P
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Had to cancel Netflix. Cuties was the straw.
    I hear you. Netflix is bad but they're all pushing that same agenda only at different levels...

Quote Originally Posted by SCEMan View Post
    I hear you. Netflix is bad but they're all pushing that same agenda only at different levels...
    True that! I'm no prude, but a man's gotta know his limitations.

My Dad and I are still working our way through "Vikings". We are up to Season 5 Episode 5.

It is much easier to follow when binging, rather than when I had seen for first couple of seasons @ one episode a week, and then with seasonal breaks. There are three or four locations, and multiple characters to keep track of. When you only see them a few minutes each week, they all look the same! Dirty, in leather, with beards. When binging, it is much easier to keep track of people, locations, and follow the story lines.

I'm glad we are binging.
    My Grand Kids call me Poppy

We just rewatched both seasons of Patriot on Amazon. It's much darker and still damn fun the second time around.
    The best weapon in the world is a flashlight. . . . Why? . . . So you can look deep into the other guy's eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
    My Dad and I are still working our way through "Vikings". We are up to Season 5 Episode 5.

It is much easier to follow when binging, rather than when I had seen for first couple of seasons @ one episode a week, and then with seasonal breaks. There are three or four locations, and multiple characters to keep track of. When you only see them a few minutes each week, they all look the same! Dirty, in leather, with beards. When binging, it is much easier to keep track of people, locations, and follow the story lines.

I'm glad we are binging.
    It's kinda like seeing identical twins at different times.

At a local department of transportation materials lab there were rumored to be triplets all working there. Bobby, Phil and Bill. I saw Bobby a lot……or so I thought because as it turns out they all had the same duty in the concrete part. Retrieve concrete samples from projects, take them back to the lab and crush the samples to determine strength. I always thought it was Bobby picking up the samples. Sometimes Bobby wore glasses. Sometimes Bobby had 5 o'clock shadow…… then one day duty took me to their lab and I saw all three at the same time. Bobby was clean shaven, Phil wore glasses and Bill had razer shadow. But they sure did look alike.

My favorite twin story was the day a contractor I was observing said he had to run to Hechinger to buy some 2x4 lumber for sidewalk forms. When he returned he said "now hold on just a rock pickin' minute, how did you get back here from Hechinger before me?"…… my twin brother worked at Hechinger. lol.

Now back to our program……
    I'm up to season 10 of Gibbs tv (NCIS)

It's kinda like seeing identical twins at different times.

At a local department of transportation materials lab there were rumored to be triplets all working there. Bobby, Phil and Bill. I saw Bobby a lot……or so I thought because as it turns out they all had the same duty in the concrete part. Retrieve concrete samples from projects, take them back to the lab and crush the samples to determine strength. I always thought it was Bobby picking up the samples. Sometimes Bobby wore glasses. Sometimes Bobby had 5 o'clock shadow…… then one day duty took me to their lab and I saw all three at the same time. Bobby was clean shaven, Phil wore glasses and Bill had razer shadow. But they sure did look alike.

My favorite twin story was the day a contractor I was observing said he had to run to Hechinger to buy some 2x4 lumber for sidewalk forms. When he returned he said "now hold on just a rock pickin' minute, how did you get back here from Hechinger before me?"…… my twin brother worked at Hechinger. lol.

Now back to our program……
    I'm up to season 10 of Gibbs tv (NCIS)
    Mr fixer,
    That story was so funny I had to read it too my sister!

Just started watching "the wire" box set. A crime drama centered around Baltimore MD.

Last edited by bykfixer; 05-23-2021 at 02:09 PM.

Just started watching "the wire" box set. A crime drama centered around Baltimore MD.
    IMHO one of the best TV series ever. Enjoy

I like the story line so far.
    The hollyweird political adgenda I could do without. I miss the days when writers could get a point across that allowed the viewer to understand it without throwing it in your face all the time. Subtlety is a dieing art form in many tv shows. Yet the in your face aspect, it's nothing new to crime dramas.

So far so good.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 05-24-2021 at 10:53 AM.

I like the story line so far.
    The hollyweird political adgenda I could do without. I miss the days when writers could get a point across that allowed the viewer to understand it without throwing it in your face all the time. Subtlety is a dieing art form in many tv shows. Yet the in your face aspect, it's nothing new to crime dramas.

So far so good.
    Mark Dice's book, Hollywood Propaganda, is an excellent read on the subject.

little house on the prairy .. highway to heaven ... touched by a angel . all in the family alice
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Flashaholic

Justified
    House
    Longmire
    The Good Doctor
    The Big Bang Theory
    The Rookie
    Young Sheldon
    For All Mankind
    And if you like it a little rough, The Boys
    Yellowstone
    Resident Alien

disjointed is funny but its 21 and above

Finished watching "the wire" today. I really enjoyed the ending. They left it open 'just in case' but also did a good job of closing it.
    Nicely done.

Season 2 had me wondering if I'd finish out the box set simply because once I learned the story line in season 1 they changed it all up so I was well into season 2 and still thinking I miss Avon and his henchmen. Yet season 3 on just got better. The actors were great. Season 4 had you rooting for "the corner kids" to make it out of the hood and season 5 was in my view the best season.

I hated to see Omar get killed off but really enjoyed seeing Bubbles get it together. And Snoop? Probably the nastiest female villain ever. Gyah-lee she was mean!!

It's too bad the show did not catch on until it was too late. It was said that US Attorney Eric Holder demanded a season 6 but the shows writer told him "the day you legalize drugs is the day I'll do a season 6". lol

Many of the characters were based on true people but from eras long before the show's time frame.

Finished watching "the wire" today. I really enjoyed the ending. They left it open 'just in case' but also did a good job of closing it.
    Nicely done.
    Great cast, great acting, great writing = great series.

Getting ready to start Downton Abby
    Last edited by bykfixer; 06-10-2021 at 07:05 AM.

Getting ready to start Downton Abby
    After you've seen half a dozen episodes, let us know what you think of it.

I started it, saw three, maybe four episodes, and switched to something else. I was a little disappointed; I thought it was going to have some historical background. If it did, I missed it. Just a lot of drama, in a period time piece.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast