mod old torch led with 3 button lr44

simonlight

Newly Enlightened
hi,,
I want modify my micro torch, with a 3 old led white. On this torc are fitted 3 lr44 battery with pack adapter battery cilindrycal . I need fit alone battery rechargeable (iF is sell) with same lenght and diameters of 3 button. Then I want replace the leds white with a cree led up to 4,5v or more..
Waht battery is equivalent to 3 lr44 and whaty driver +creed led i can fit in ?

4PjgQvY
minitrorc-magnet-3.jpg

mini-torch-magnetic.jpg

mini-torch-magnet-2.jpg

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Personally I think you are wasting your time as any battery that could fit that small of size won't have much runtime at all and finding a suitable charger for such a small battery etc you could spend a lot and better to just buy a 10180 type light.

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
IIRC Varta used to make little pcb mounted 3.6v rechargable piles for RTC backup etc... maybe if you get hold of a catalogue you can have a look through and see if any of them fit? they`re usually NiCd but may have some NiMH too.

simonlight

Newly Enlightened
the 10280 will be fit 10x18 , now I need og right driver and led light... whitch can work fine ?

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
the 10280 will be fit 10x18 , now I need og right driver and led light... whitch can work fine ?
10280 is about 10mm diameter and 28mm long and won't fit. a 10180 is only 18mm long and "May" fit. As for the driver, good luck on that as I doubt you will find parts for small lights especially small lithium ion based lights. Likely you will have to buy a light for the driver and have to mod the light to accommodate the driver and LED. That is why I just suggested to buy a 10180 light that you like instead of trying to make this light into one.

simonlight

Newly Enlightened
. That is why I just suggested to buy a 10180 light that you like instead of trying to make this light into one.

yes I'm agree with you about the battery 10180, I can fit it on my torch.. But I no have idea about what right driver and cree led can work to emitting a strongly beam (for how much limiting can be with this low power)

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
yes I'm agree with you about the battery 10180, I can fit it on my torch.. But I no have idea about what right driver and cree led can work to emitting a strongly beam (for how much limiting can be with this low power)
Just have to buy a AAA or 10180 light that supports lithium ion for the driver and possibly even the LED.