Fenix lights with high CRI or 5000kl color temp

llmercll

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know if fenix makes any lights with high cri or a 5000k color temp?

Jose Marin

Enlightened
Haven't bought any fenix products in a while but i do have an older tk35ue that has an excellent 5000k beam because of its mtg2 led. You should still be able to find one. The pd40 also has a mtg2 but i sold mine because i
didn't care for the interface

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know if fenix makes any lights with high cri or a 5000k color temp?

This list isn't necessarily completely up to date (sadly), so is interesting more from a historical perspective. It of course only deals with CCT, not CRI. It was primarily interesting for me because I see that 2 of my lights with the output spectrum that I personally prefer are listed, the PD25 and PD35TAC - which I see are listed as being 5500K and 5800K, respectively. I never knew until I saw this list, but I guess that puts me solidly in the camp of those earthlings who prefer Earth daylight. It must also be said that I don't find that the least bit surprising to learn:). I would in fact have been very surprised to find otherwise.

https://help.fenix-store.com/article/458-what-is-the-color-temperature-of-my-flashlight

Edit: I just noticed that they categorize lots of <5000K and even <4000K lights as "Neutral". If they're from Earth, then I guess I don't agree with their definition of 'neutral'.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
az, what is meant by neutral is not about the daylight but more about being incan bulb warm, cold white LED or in the center somewhere with a nice egg nog or parchment shade. Some may disagree but to me 4200-4400 is a neutral smack dab in between a Maglite krypton on half depleted batteries and a Streamlight C-4 copy paper white.