What should the voltage be on this GoPro Hero8 battery right off the charger?

Hot Brass

Enlightened
Hi: I have two of these rechargeable batteries that go in my GoPro Hero8 camera and they are supposed to be 4.40 volts,1220mAh.
The battery case looks to be about the same size as a Double Bubble gum wrapper(3/8"x 1-1/8"x1-1/4"),maybe a little bigger.What kind of cells would they be,as AAA's are way bigger?.Trying to find out what the voltage should be on these coming right off the charger..I measured 4.28volts,which seems a little under charged?Thanks,HB

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Hi: I have two of these rechargeable batteries that go in my GoPro Hero8 camera and they are supposed to be 4.40 volts,1220mAh.
The battery case looks to be about the same size as a Double Bubble gum wrapper(3/8"x 1-1/8"x1-1/4"),maybe a little bigger.What kind of cells would they be,as AAA's are way bigger?.Trying to find out what the voltage should be on these coming right off the charger..I measured 4.28volts,which seems a little under charged?Thanks,HB
4.28v is within the range of lithium ion, and it could be your voltmeter is measuring a bit high. From what I've seen online the battery is a lithium ion cell, they do make a chemistry that is 4.35v which is in range of 4.4v but I'm not familiar with it personally.

Hot Brass

Enlightened
xsThKRR
xsThKRR
vJxpLGC
4.28v is within the range of lithium ion, and it could be your voltmeter is measuring a bit high. From what I've seen online the battery is a lithium ion cell, they do make a chemistry that is 4.35v which is in range of 4.4v but I'm not familiar with it personally.
Thanks...does anyone what size batteries in these things...they are way smaller than AAA's.Thanks,HB
DSCN0024.jpg
[/IMG]
xsThKRR[

Last edited: