Headlamp for fishing and hunting

Yupitsnuge

Newly Enlightened
I have a few headlights that I like, but nothing I love. I also end up usually forgetting them at home or in the truck so I want to get a few to keep different places. My current one EATS AAA's! I go through 3x lithium AAA's almost every time I go out and I only use it for maybe 10 mins total. These get used in 90F as well as 0F depending on the season. I would like something relatively cheap, light, preferably with a red light as well as multiple white light modes. Waterproof preferred but water resistant is ok. And decently bulletproof. Battery type is not really an issue if it lasts a long time if its something Gucci. I have 3 ThruNite TH20's in my cart right now, but wondering if there's something better I should take a look at.

kkay

Newly Enlightened
If it eats batteries like that, it would be cheaper to buy another headlamp, in my opinion. But did you try different brands of batteries first? Maybe you got a bad batch of batteries. I only have two headlamps. The newer one is the Black Spot 350. Sorry I cannot be of more help.

RedLenseFriends

Newly Enlightened
I just purchased the Sofirn SP40 Rechargeable Headlamp for $30 after doing some extensive browsing. While it doesn't have the red light option, it was definitely the cheapest/best value, the Skilhunt H03C RC has red, green, blue, white lights but is about $53 as well as similarly priced, multi-colored headlamps. I definitely wanted a red light option but figured I could put red tape over the lens if I was in a pinch.