Is it worth it to get my zebra light repaired ?

marcis

Newly Enlightened
I have the zebra light h502, I've been in contact with them about reparing the light for $18.. but the whole process they have set up seems like more of a hassle than it's worth at this point.

I have The army tech headlamp, and Just ordered the manker headlamp (based on some recommendations from here)

So is it worth the minor headache or just move on ?

I understand this partially comes down to me and how I feel, but I'm honestly not sure.. I like it a lot, but I also feel a little bit like abandoning it.. IT FAILED, not sure I want to keep that in a backpack for hiking..

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good question and valid perspective.
Years ago I had a new SC62d ZL with a defective lowest low beam that quavered. Sent it back and a few months later got a new one that lasted for years. Sent back an older SC62d that failed. After a few months got it back and after a while it would go out seemingly without any reason. Having to unscrew the tailcap (sometimes more than once) is a hassle to get it working again. So I do not plan on sending the other old ZL flashlights I have back to the factory. Hope this gives you another opinion.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the zebra light h502, I've been in contact with them about reparing the light for $18.. but the whole process they have set up seems like more of a hassle than it's worth at this point.

I have The army tech headlamp, and Just ordered the manker headlamp (based on some recommendations from here)

So is it worth the minor headache or just move on ?

I understand this partially comes down to me and how I feel, but I'm honestly not sure.. I like it a lot, but I also feel a little bit like abandoning it.. IT FAILED, not sure I want to keep that in a backpack for hiking..

Failures happen, in my experience ZL > Armytek any day of the week for reliability, and so much more comfortable as head lamps because of how much lighter ZLs are.

I would, it's likely that $18 will fully restore your near $100 light and you'd likely not see any more problems, if they can't fix it they may even send you an upgraded version.

marcis

Newly Enlightened
Thank you all. I have decided to send it back for repair.

I do love it, and I wonder how much longer they will be around.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had 4 severely abused zl's and they repaired them all no questions asked. I doubled my money back on the purchases since I sold them for more than I paid

kkay

Newly Enlightened
I would let them repair it. I have one Zebralight and love it. If it fails on me, I would send it in for repairs. Chances are you will not have another issue with it once repaired. I have had mine for a few years. I hate to brag on it, but had to put my two cents in.