Malkoff        

Thread: Trouble in thruniteville

Exclamation Trouble in thruniteville

So I've had the thrunite tc15 for about a year now and always wondered if the higher rated cells for 18650s worked in this light. Earlier today I purchased some cells from batteries and bulbs rated at 3400mah, was actually 3350after checking under the plastic, and it worked in the three basic low-high modes. Turbo however results in a flash and the light becomes unresponsive. I do. Ot know why or what to do. Any recommendations?

Enlightened

Default Re: Trouble in thruniteville

What is the maximum current rating of that battery (not capacity, current)? I'm guessing it would need to be an IMR type, high-current battery, or else you'll get that sort of behavior from the light.

Yes That light comes with a IMR battery. Thatís probably what it needs to work properly.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Post Re: Trouble in thruniteville

Quote Originally Posted by liketotallyrandom View Post
    What is the maximum current rating of that battery (not capacity, current)? I'm guessing it would need to be an IMR type, high-current battery, or else you'll get that sort of behavior from the light.
    it's voltage is 3.6v do not know the amperage

That particular light pulls enough amps on high to trip most, if not all battery protection circuits. You need an unprotected IMR or INR cell.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    -- Albert Einstein

Arrow Re: Trouble in thruniteville

Quote Originally Posted by jabe1 View Post
    That particular light pulls enough amps on high to trip most, if not all battery protection circuits. You need an unprotected IMR or INR cell.
    So I should invest in unprotected cells? Any recommendations for reliable ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Collinm View Post
    So I should invest in unprotected cells? Any recommendations for reliable ones?
    Sanyo-Panasonic NCR18650GA (10A continuous,) Samsung 30E (15A continuous,) or something from Sony-Murata like the VCT 5, 5A, or 6 (20A+ continuous.)

Chris
    Convoy: S2, S2+, M1, M2, Fenix: P1D, PD32, HL30, ET: D25C Ti, SF: 6P, ZL: SC-600, Klarus: P2A, Jetbeam: BA-20, Icon: Rogue 1, L3: L10, Xeno: E03, ShiningBeam: I-Mini, Olight: i3s, SWM: D40A, M11R, V11R, Maglite: 6Ds, MMs, Solitaires, LaCrosse BC-700, Maha C-9000, XTAR VP2, MP1S, XP1, MC1+, WP2 II, NiteCore i4, v2.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGarrett View Post
    Sanyo-Panasonic NCR18650GA (10A continuous,) Samsung 30E (15A continuous,) or something from Sony-Murata like the VCT 5, 5A, or 6 (20A+ continuous.)

Chris
    Thank you, hopefully it does something

Woow this thread is so appropriate, I just purchased a Thrunite BSS V4, came with a WOWTAC 3100MAH 18650 battery,
    I just purchased a Nitecore a NL1837 3400MAH and it does the same has above works fine until in all modes but once I access Turbo mode it shut the UI down. So what actually caused this behavior? I'm trying to understand what type of 18650 battery I need to
    purchase has backup?
    Thanks,
    Clint

Quote Originally Posted by Collinm View Post
    So I should invest in unprotected cells?
    imo,
    No, you should not invest in unprotected flat top cells, you should use the specially made Thrunite IMR Protected Buttontop battery.

Quote Originally Posted by zeroair
    Hereís the included cell. Itís a protected button top, with a Thrunite branded wrapper.

the Thrunite wrapper is a little transparentÖ. itís possible to make out the ď30QĒ text on the original (flat top, unprotected) cellís wrapper.
    Last edited by jon_slider; 04-25-2021 at 07:06 PM.
    WTB Sunwayman V11r

Au Re: Trouble in thruniteville

Quote Originally Posted by jon_slider View Post
    imo,
    No, you should not invest in unprotected flat top cells, you should use the specially made Thrunite IMR Protected Buttontop battery.
    Yes that's probably the best option, I did see where there are some other brands of IMR 18650 batteries that are Protected.
    Live & Learn...