Surefire C2 pocket clip does not fit correctly

NYCT

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I have just acquired an old Surefire C2 and the pocket clip prevents the head from screwing on fully. I have compared the pocket clip to one from a newer C2 and it is a tiny bit larger (the insertion prongs are 1mm longer) so when installed, the head is 1mm away from the body. Did the older C2's all have this issue?

The other differences I have noticed when comparing it to my newer C2 is:
The internal areas of the flashlight are gold/brass in colour.
The anodizing looks green/olive compared to the purply colour of my other C2

Would be great if I someone knows why the clip won't fit correctly, many thanks.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Can you push that insert down any further? I have several C2's. All my heads fit flush.just tap the clip down with something. It should go all the way flush.

Last edited:

NYCT

Newly Enlightened
I've tried but the prongs have physically reached the end of the cutout, I can see that it is fully inserted. It looks like the clip isn't for this flashlight but its exactly the same as my other C2 clip. The one difference being the prongs are physically longer than my other C2 clip so when fully inserted the curved part protrudes, not allowing the head to fully screw on, what gives? I've tried looking online and it seems i'm the only one with this issue.

NYCT

Newly Enlightened
Sorry I should have been more clear, the part of the metal clip that inserts into the flashlight body is physically different on this C2. Not the plastic spacer, the metal clip. They are both the same shape, but the bridge part has 2 what looks like teeth that enter the recess first, those little bit are longer by 1mm, thus making the clip protrude even when fully inserted. It's quite hard to explain lol

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Lol. I think I get what your saying. Not sure I have seen that problem before. Wondering if it's not a genuine SF clip.

NYCT

Newly Enlightened
That's what I was worried about lol. I'll have to get a new clip or even a clip plug with a trit would be nice.

Latest posts