Lumintop Nano Mystery LED

Just got some new Lumintop Nanos. The second time I pressed the button on the brass one, the button fell off. (I can fix that). But what is strange is it revealed a tiny red LED inside. It lights any time the light is off. The LED is sort of aimed at a semi-transparent part of the button, but I cannot see it light the button even in complete darkness.
NanoLED.jpg

I wonder what has happened? I'm not keen on an unused LED running whenever the light is off?

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
The term you are looking for is Aux LED. That LED should be configurable to either be on or off. What is your concern with the LED being on while the main LED is off? The discharge of that LED, if the light is designed correctly should be super minimal.

Ah, I was hoping that could be set, thanks. To be honest, I take each new light as a puzzle and try to figure out all the functions before reading the manual.

And I have found that if I go into a completely dark room and let my eyes adapt, I can see a faint glow from the button. Not quite like the pictures on the website. I'm not sure they accomplished their design goal.

The term you are looking for is Aux LED. That LED should be configurable to either be on or off. What is your concern with the LED being on while the main LED is off? The discharge of that LED, if the light is designed correctly should be super minimal.

Yes, but if completely invisible, what is the point? Anyway, I'm happy with my Nanos, just a little puzzled.