• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Thrunite TN42vn V2 - Largest Sensible Thrower R

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Best thrower for $260 ;-)
SBT90.2 5700K DL @2s 5100L, 1.2Mcd, 2191m

https://skylumen.com/collections/v54-lights/products/thrunite-tn42vn-v2-largest-sensible-thrower-r

[FONT=&quot]
0xg4FWR.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
2GHSNS9.jpg

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
FURUKMo.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
9nVNO36.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
PtKgYYX.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
hO2ATeU.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
x5ygnPm.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
7nXeUKq.jpg
[/FONT]

Zunkted

Newly Enlightened
Did you try and see what the specs where on the stock TN42 V2 to see if the ThruNite's lumen and beam distance claims where close? Also are your specs you listed from just a SBT90.2 De-Lens?

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you try and see what the specs where on the stock TN42 V2 to see if the ThruNite's lumen and beam distance claims where close? Also are your specs you listed from just a SBT90.2 De-Lens?
Can't help you with your second question, but for the first, Vinh doesn't use his measurements to prove or disprove others claims. He always tells people that his measurements are to be used to compare to HIS other measurements. The reason why is that people/businesses are using different set ups to get these measurements, therefor what he gets isn't the same as what someone else gets.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Stock specs were very close to mines. I only did a simple De-lens for Spec A.
I will report specs B Performance is there is a difference when I am there although I don't expect a big difference.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Can't help you with your second question, but for the first, Vinh doesn't use his measurements to prove or disprove others claims. He always tells people that his measurements are to be used to compare to HIS other measurements. The reason why is that people/businesses are using different set ups to get these measurements, therefor what he gets isn't the same as what someone else gets.

Right on! My numbers are only good relative to my other numbers.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Thrunite is late to the SBT90.2 game but this light is my most large thrower.
I wish the MT90vn+ and the K70vn both run on 21700 instead of 18650.

1.2Mcd is also very impressive with a light this size. Price at $260 with cells is also excellent. Weight balance is great so my small hands still have a good grip on it. If anything I only wish it has a stainless bezel.

BrightestBulb

Newly Enlightened
What is your largest sensible flood? I had considered your Acebeam X80GTvn but the runtime for the highest setting is way too short making those high lumens virtually unusable.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
What is your largest sensible flood? I had considered your Acebeam X80GTvn but the runtime for the highest setting is way too short making those high lumens virtually unusable.

MK34vn III is much less heat comapred to X80GTvn
https://skylumen.com/products/manker-mk34vn-ii-2021-pocket-flood-king-r?_pos=3&_sid=9bb9d05b2&_ss=r
SDCE adds extra throw punch but its s pricey option.

MK39vn is a doit all that handles heat great!
https://skylumen.com/products/manke...row-searchlight-r?_pos=1&_sid=a95598543&_ss=r

MaurauderVN 2 is an upscale flooder and thrower with just one weakness which is the exposed optics.
https://skylumen.com/collections/v5...udervn-2-most-premium-dual-beam-pop-can-light

ChrisDonaldson

Newly Enlightened
Thrunite is late to the SBT90.2 game but this light is my most large thrower.
I wish the MT90vn+ and the K70vn both run on 21700 instead of 18650.

1.2Mcd is also very impressive with a light this size. Price at $260 with cells is also excellent. Weight balance is great so my small hands still have a good grip on it. If anything I only wish it has a stainless bezel.

As someone who is not terribly informed, can you expand on this, Vinh? How much better are 21700s than 18650s?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
As someone who is not terribly informed, can you expand on this, Vinh? How much better are 21700s than 18650s?

The SBT90.2 is extremely hungry so the more capacity the better.

LG 3500mAh low drain VS Samsung 50E 5000mAh Low drain => 43% more capacity
Sony VTC5D 2700mAh High drain VS Samsung 40T 4000mAh High Drain => 48% more capacity

On top of capacity I am willing to bet that 21700 has less voltage sag under heavy load VS the equivalent drain 18650 when under extreme SBT90.2 loads.

So for a bit bigger handle with about 50% more capacity is a huge plus IMO.

Joe_torch

Newly Enlightened
Just got my TN42vn V2 yesterday. It's not that heavy and bulky. Even my small hand can handle it nicely. Most important of all, it's a Fiat Lux!!!
Thanks again Vinh:thumbsup:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Just got my TN42vn V2 yesterday. It's not that heavy and bulky. Even my small hand can handle it nicely. Most important of all, it's a Fiat Lux!!!
Thanks again Vinh:thumbsup:

I now like this light more than any other medium size thrower!

Joe_torch

Newly Enlightened
I now like this light more than any other medium size thrower![/QUOTE]
Although it is bigger and heavier than the K65GTvn, I like the feel and balance of the TN42vn V2 more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Including the K30GTvn?

I consider the K30GTvn is smaller than medium size thrower. And since we are talking about K30GTvn I now prefer MK37vn ovre K30GTvn. I might even prefer T90vn over K30GTvn although the T90vn is definitely in a different size class. K30GTvn is great still and it does has its on pros over other competitors.

I consider the K30GTvn is smaller than medium size thrower. And since we are talking about K30GTvn I now prefer MK37vn ovre K30GTvn. I might even prefer T90vn over K30GTvn although the T90vn is definitely in a different size class. K30GTvn is great still and it does has its on pros over other competitors.

Thanks :) perhaps you can update the SkyLumen's Best spreadsheet to reflect the size category of medium and small throwers then, as it shows even the compact MC13vn as a 'M Thrower' and the K1vn as a Large thrower, despite having only one cell. What criteria do you typically use to assess dimension to size classification ratios? I trust your opinions considering the plethora of lights you've owned and carried.

I love the TN42vn v2 size, but I think I will hold off for a light more similar to the HK90 with multiple SBT90s and 21700s for a higher output thrower. 5k lumens isn't low output, but the fact that pocket friendly lights can now exceed such numbers if only briefly, if I am dedicating myself to carrying a light worthy of a shoulder strap or carrying case, 15k+ lumens along with the crazy throw would check all the boxes leaving little more to be desired. Can't wait to see what the second half of 2021 Skylumen brings to the table!

Last edited: