HDS Systems        

Thread: Choose 2700K (SST20 / LH351D / E21A / XPL-HI)?

Unenlightened

Question Choose 2700K (SST20 / LH351D / E21A / XPL-HI)?

I have some nice ligths with 4000K hi CRI, but since I tried Wurkkos FC11 2700K LH351D I am ready for another 2700K.
    My next light will be D4V2 and it has 3 options:
    SST20
    E21A
    XPL-HI T6 8B (2850K)

I don't like greenish or bluish lights. Basically I want to know is there noticeable difference between SST20 and E21A in tint, because there should be noticeable difference in light output (3x more lumens for SST20?) and more throw (good, because will use it outdoors too).
    XPL-HI is probably not an option because of lower CRI.

If someone have it, feel free to share your thoughts.

Default Re: Choose 2700K (SST20 / LH351D / E21A / XPL-HI)?

I have a few Convoy S2+ with both LH351D and SST-20 2700k emitters. I much prefer the LH351D version.

Default Re: Choose 2700K (SST20 / LH351D / E21A / XPL-HI)?

Quote Originally Posted by Masonchen View Post
    Basically I want to know is there noticeable difference between SST20 and E21A in tint
    I would choose E21A

Quote Originally Posted by Masonchen View Post
    ...Wurkkos FC11
    D4V2
    (3x more lumens for SST20?) and more throw (good, because will use it outdoors too).
    it is definitely true the SST-20 has more output and more throw, but I dont think throw is a strong feature of the D4V2. I consider it Floody, not Throwy.

I expect your FC11 might throw more than a D4v2
    because single LEDs in a reflector can produce a tighter hotspot
    otoh, the 4x LED Optic of the D4v2 will produce a much Wider beam, but not focused for longer throw

Quote Originally Posted by stephenk View Post
    I have a few Convoy S2+ with both LH351D and SST-20 2700k emitters. I much prefer the LH351D version.
    I feel the same way.
    I enjoy the 2700k LH351d.
    I did not like the SST-20 2700k at all, it struck me as much too green.
    I threw the SST-20 LEDs I bought, in the trash.

imo the E21a is superior to the LH351d because the E21a has less green tint, and higher CRI R9 (Red output).

my personal priorities have everything to do with CRI and Tint.

I do not use high lumen levels as the majority of my use is at indoor distances, so the lumen penalty of E21a is a non issue for me.

Im all about Spectrum Quality, over Lumen Quantity
    My personal preferences go to single LEDs in a reflector, I seldom choose to use my triple LED lights for general EDC.

otoh, for close work, I prefer floody beams from the multi LED lights, but I dont use them at high lumen levels, and for outdoors I prefer a more focused hotspot from a single LED in a reflector.
    Last edited by jon_slider; Today at 11:38 AM.
    WTB Sunwayman V11r