Brighter TM06?

ckeilah

Newly Enlightened
I love my TM06! It's just the right size and shape, removable/replaceable batteries are ideal, but the imbalanced battery use is retarded, and it's just not quite bright enough. A TM06 with a 30sec turbo to 10,000-20,000 lm would be great! Is there such a thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my TM06! It's just the right size and shape, removable/replaceable batteries are ideal, but the imbalanced battery use is retarded, and it's just not quite bright enough. A TM06 with a 30sec turbo to 10,000-20,000 lm would be great! Is there such a thing?
Yes.

From my light list: 17. Nitecore TM06Svn 4 x XHP50.2. 4 x 18650. May 25, 2017, 9,800 lumens, currently the item that is the perfect balance of max power and runtime for its size. Ultra limited edition, only two will be made.

You may be able to get a modder to replace the legacy leds with todays performance leds.

ckeilah

Newly Enlightened
I don't think I understand. Are you saying that there is nothing that meets my criteria, off the shelf, But that a MOD may exist?

I would think that the entire guts would have to be replaced, to fix the battery imbalance. I'd Hope that someone, Nightcore, Olight, someone! would have perfected this by now.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Imalent MS06

ckeilah

Newly Enlightened
Imalent MS06

There's no way of telling how good the battery management is, since they're all built-in, but this thing looks great. Fir $200 it's worth a shot. Thanks!

dave1010

Newly Enlightened
I was looking for something similar - small soda can size flashlights that don't have a massive bezel. These were the ones I was looking at a while back but I decided not to get one in the end:

1. Manker MK36 (12,000 lm)
  2. Acebeam X80-GT (32,500 lm)
  3. Manker MK34 II (26,000 lm)
  4. ThruNite TN36 (11,000 lm)

Of course these will all only sustain over 10k lm for a few seconds, then step down to around 3000lm after a few minutes.

ckeilah

Newly Enlightened
I bought the Imalent, and it already seems like a winner! The DIM (moonlight?) mode is a bit brighter than I'd like, but that's okay. I have an EDC Nitecor TUP that goes super dim. The Imalent has a few quirks compared to the TM06, but nothing I can't get used to, and it DOES have a lockout (you just have to figure it out). The only complaint I have, so far, is that the massive 4Ah ea batteries won't fit in my old Nitecor 16500 charger for QUICK charging. USB charging takes HOURS with no per-battery indication. Oh well! :p Thanks y'all! And thanks FlashKat for the quick and "correct" recommendation! :)

Latest posts