UltraStinger lens

Argetni

Newly Enlightened
I melted the lens in my UltraStinger (WA bulb) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

I bought replacement lenses, now how in the heck do you get the melted one out?

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
IIRC, you need a special tool just made for taking out the lens. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Interesting, Streamlight sells a glass lens for the Stinger, need a special tool if you do it yourself, but not sure about a glass lens for UltraStinger. Best thing to do is call the company and ask for a service tech, and ask him or her that question. You might be surprised. Then you could send it in to a warranty shop and have it fitted, or buy the correct size glass lens and send it in with light to be fitted. tacticalflashlights.com has glass lens for Stinger.

Bill

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Ultrastinger lens pops out and pops back in. There's no glass lens for the Ultrastinger. I tried getting glass lenses for regular Stinger's, but they're unavailable. Flashlightlens.com had some, but they weren't a Streamlight stocked item.

--dan

bmsmith

Enlightened
dano, how do you pop it out of the UltraStinger? Mine doesn't look like it wants to "pop" out. And can I pop in a glass lens, or will I end up with glass shards under my fingernails?

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
[ QUOTE ]
dano said:
I tried getting glass lenses for regular Stinger's, but they're unavailable. Flashlightlens.com had some, but they weren't a Streamlight stocked item.

--dan

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard someone sells glass lenses for regular Stingers online but I still haven't found the place. I found a place once that listed their lenses as glass but the part number was for a stock Stinger polycarbonate lens.

I never seen Stinger lenses up for sale at Flashlightlens.com. They have 32mm but Stingers are 34mm. I got B270s custom cut for my Stingers.

Yes you do need a special tool to install the lens which costs $60. I made my own tool. I think one of the reasons why Streamlight doesn't sell glass lenses for Stingers cause the reflectors need to be pressed into place. You can easily shatter a glass lens when pressing the reflector back into place. I know cause I have done it once. My Stinger that I use for work with a B270 has held up pretty good. Although I have dropped it a few times, the B270 hasn't cracked and seems to be pretty strong. I'm still scared whenever it does hit the floor though.

Main reasons I opted for the B270 is cause I got tired of the polycarbonate lenses turning yellow of old age, scratches, and gets foggy from automotive fluids after a while. And it's gonna turn into a 6V scorcher as soon as my WA bulbs arrive. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As for the UltaStinger, I don't think it will be possible to get a glass lens fitted, at least not very easily. When lenses are press fit, glass is usually not an option, most likely ending up with a shattered lens if tried. I can be wrong though.