Jetbeam        

Thread: Tenergy - How Do They Stack Up?

Default Tenergy - How Do They Stack Up?

My apology, in advance, if this has been asked before. I searched CPF and did not find an answer; the Tenergy related information I did find was years old.

As a battery line (my main concern here is their NiMH products), how do they compare/rate with the others? From the little I know, in the AAA and AA categories, Panasonic Eneloops are still king (cost notwithstanding), nonetheless, how good or bad are Tenergy cells in those and the C, D, and 9 v categories?

Flashaholic

Default Re: Tenergy - How Do They Stack Up?

Iíve had bad luck with Tenergy batteries and have purged all from rotation. Eneloops are the way to go, but for a bargain, Iíve had good luck with Amazon basics though I believe theyíve changed manufacturing sources at least once. But with Amazon return policies, you really canít go wrong. Bottom line- Eneloops.

I have a few tenergy C and D cell centuras, they seem OK, not as good as eneloops for self discharge but not horrible like old high self discharge NiMH's. I also have some soshine C and D NiMH's and I kinda prefer them to the centuras because they have a little higher capacity.

Thanks for the input.

I'm really surprised Eneloop never manufactured C, D, and 9v cells. I have been using, for years now, Eneloop AA's with C adapters in a spotlight. Works great and the cost savings over disposables has been unreal.