• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Maxtoch X Sword L2Kvn - 2.5 Mcd LEP Thrower

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
L2Kvn 2.5Mcd + VN2 is now ready for Pre-Order. Should ship in about 2 weeks.

Ships in couple weeks. I got the price down to $335 by not including cells and charger from the factory.

https://skylumen.com/collections/v5...off-maxtoch-x-sword-l2kvn-2-50mcd-lep-thrower

csLMLAC.jpg

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: Maxtoch X Sword L2Kvn - 2.50Mcd LEP Thrower PREORDER SHIPS MID MAY

My modded version is basically the same price as the stock light so I consider this a great deal for a 2.5Mcd LEP nowadays that the W30vn is discontinued.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

For those of you that can do without the added runtime of the two 21700 version running the Maxtoch UI, I strongly recommend this version. The Maxtoch UI, while really simple, is also really dumb (IMO). It cycles from hi to mid to low, and has mode memory+momentary, which seems great, but you have to be in a certain mode for more than 5 seconds for mode memory to activate for that level. So if you momentarily have it on for like 4 seconds, then turn it off, whenever you turn it back on (say an hour later), it will be in the next cycled level.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

For those of you that can do without the added runtime of the two 21700 version running the Maxtoch UI, I strongly recommend this version. The Maxtoch UI, while really simple, is also really dumb (IMO). It cycles from hi to mid to low, and has mode memory+momentary, which seems great, but you have to be in a certain mode for more than 5 seconds for mode memory to activate for that level. So if you momentarily have it on for like 4 seconds, then turn it off, whenever you turn it back on (say an hour later), it will be in the next cycled level.

The 5sec memory absolutely drove me nuts

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I need to do something about the Red bezel. Make me want to dig out my sand blaster and just make it silver.

TINF

Newly Enlightened

Have these arrived,Vinh? Pre ordered one a few weeks ago.Btw,see Maxtoch has released the sucessor to this now,the new L3K.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Have these arrived,Vinh? Pre ordered one a few weeks ago.Btw,see Maxtoch has released the sucessor to this now,the new L3K.

All L2Kvn order shipped. If you havent gotten tracking please email me.

Tested L3K with new laser design and it only came in at 1.5Mcd. L2Kvn at 2.5Mcd is FAR superior and is on the league of W30vn. If you want a L2Kvn order one NOW as who knows if they will be discontinued soon or not.

Is this currently the highest LUX LEP on the market?

No. The stock Acebeam W50 is. (Specs below taken from Acebeam's website.

Acebeam W50
$2,299.00 incl tax
1200 LUMENS
THROW 3970000 CD 3985 METERS
CLASS 3B
2000G 8*18650 BATTERY INCLUDED
206MM(LENGTH)X 80MM(HEAD DIAMETER)X 63.8MM(TUBE DIAMETER)

However, the Maxtoch X Sword is the highest lux LEP on Skylumen.com that Vinh sells.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Well? Anybody? Whatcha think? Worth the money? Way better then the 1st LEP he offered? Impressed?

This is basically a W30vn with DriverVN4.

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is basically a W30vn with DriverVN4.
But I've never handled a W30vn, or even a W30, and while I love the versatility of your drivers, I'm not sure this light needs anything more then on and off. Thanks for the reply Vinh, but I'm hoping the buyers will give they're input on this light :-D There is no question that I want the light, but whether or not the enjoyment I get from it is worth the money to buy it.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

But I've never handled a W30vn, or even a W30, and while I love the versatility of your drivers, I'm not sure this light needs anything more then on and off. Thanks for the reply Vinh, but I'm hoping the buyers will give they're input on this light :-D There is no question that I want the light, but whether or not the enjoyment I get from it is worth the money to buy it.

Just emailed all of the buyers for a feedback. They may come here to post if they have a CPF account. Otherwise I will post their email feedback on their behalf.

Cheule

Newly Enlightened
Re: Maxtoch X Sword L2Kvn - 2.5 Mcd LEP Thrower PREORDER SHIPS MID MAY

I bought this LEP from Vihn, it's very nice. I also own (or have owned) a Weltool W4, W3 Pro and Astrolux WP2.

In terms of output, I find it very similar to the Weltool W4 (a little brighter but I also notice that samples vary widely with LEPs, so make sure to get yours tested), in that it's very bright and has the characteristic greenish in the middle, purple on the outside hotspot. In the LEPs I have handled it seems that the brighter ones are almost always greenish on the inside. Conjecture on my part is that this actually helps candela (like a OSRAM green is brighter than white).

I find the build quality of the light fine. It's not as "overbuilt" as the W4, and I actually appreciate that. I find the W4 overly front heavy. The L2K is much easier to hold.

1Lumen.com reviewed the L2K as the best LEP on the market right now. I believe it. This LEP is significantly brighter than my other LEPs. More on par with the W4, but I don't have the equipment to accurately measure them. This is all by eye, viewing objects at 1km and judging.

Another really excellent thing about the Vihn version is he replaces the driver. This means a couple of things that make this LEP a lot better. The programmable VN2 driver solves what made me so angry about the W4. If you used the W4 for signaling (one of the only legit use cases for a LEP) every time you pressed the light would constantly go L H L H L H. It made the LEP useless for signaling morse code.

This version has a driver where you can pick the interface. Turn mode memory on/off. Make it a 7 brightness UI. Turn blinkies on/off. Make it always go to turbo. Your choice.

Additionally the original Maxtoch L2K takes two cells in series. Their driver wants 8.4v. Vihn's driver is a regular 4.2v, and so you can use the much more continent single cell tube (provided).

As I say, better ergonomics or throw aside, the UI alone makes this the LEP to get IMO.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

"I'm very happy with the L2kvn. The beam it throws is perfect! I live how it seems to be a bit more powerful and far throwing than the w30. I would say this was a very smart edition to my collection!"

[h=3]metalmazed67[/h]

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

"The light can light a portion of a building nicely at a distance of over 600 - 700 metres"

Thanks

Joe