Wuben        

Thread: Weird new 10440 cell behaviour

Default Weird new 10440 cell behaviour

Hi everybody,

I have an interesting (to me) situation that I cannot get my head around.

I have 2 Efest IMR 10440 flat-top cells that I have had for a few years now so I decided to buy some new 10440 and went with the Vapcell INR 10440 button-top cells.

All the new Vapcell 10440s work fine in *some* of my AAA lights.

The interesting thing though is that in some lights the Vapcell 10440 button-tops donít work but the Efest 10440 flat-tops works fine, as does an Eneloop battery.

I find this weird, as, if anything, with my limited knowledge, I would have thought it would have been the other way around Ė ie flat-tops donít work due to a lack of contact due to reverse-polarity protection etc.

The main light that I really wanted the new Vapcell 10440 button-top to work in is an oLight i3E EOS but it doesnít. But the Efest 10440 flat-top works perfectly as does an Eneloop button-top.

Does anyone have any ideas or insight in to what might be the issue here?

Thanks very much in advance.
    I am actively seeking employment in the Norfolk/Suffolk area of the UK. I have good IT and communication skills, with 18 years of print experience. If you can help me in any way, please send me a PM.

Default Re: Weird new 10440 cell behaviour

probably not making contact. Check the tops of the cells and see if some stick out more or have thicker plastic wrap than others.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx_Arc View Post
    probably not making contact. Check the tops of the cells and see if some stick out more or have thicker plastic wrap than others.
    Yeah probably this.

Compare the cells together on a flat surface. Are the Vapcells shorter over all?

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

The new Vapcell button-tops are maybe 1-1.5mm longer than the old Efest flat-tops and just a bit longer than the Eneloops.

I think it might be that the light can't quite twist down far enough for the head to complete the curcuit due to the extra length of the new Vapcell cells.

Oh well, at least they work in some lights.

Thanks again,

Face
    I am actively seeking employment in the Norfolk/Suffolk area of the UK. I have good IT and communication skills, with 18 years of print experience. If you can help me in any way, please send me a PM.