WTB: Polarion Night Reaper

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
The company that made Night Reaper here in USA has been gone for many years,

Plenty of information about XeVision here, just do a search of XeVision or XV-LX70 .

Last edited:

Polarion-Sparetech2

Newly Enlightened
Clarification

Polarion is a Korea-based manufacturer. They made the CSWL light which was partially modified/assembled in the USA. The US company that did that final work is no longer in business and the CSWL light is not being made anymore. HOWEVER, Polarion Korea is still going strong and existing CSWL lights are supported by the current distributor (search for polarion-store) in the USA.

Polarion makes military HID lights but they are not available to civilian users.

You can find CSWL lights on eBay from time to time.

For more current products, I would look for PH50.

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Clarification Polarion is a Korea-based manufacturer. They made the CSWL light which was partially modified/assembled in the USA. The US company that did that final work is no longer in business and the CSWL light is not being made anymore. HOWEVER, Polarion Korea is still going strong and existing CSWL lights are supported by the current distributor (search for polarion-store) in the USA.
Polarion makes military HID lights but they are not available to civilian users. You can find CSWL lights on eBay from time to time. For more current products, I would look for PH50.

Are you coming to Utah (Lehi I believe) any time soon ?

BVH

Flashaholic
Hmmmm, some sort of collaboration on a new 300 Watt, handheld HID, 2 hr run time, passively cooled, 15 minute recharge unobtainium light? :D

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's ok if one doesn't pop up I guess it's not meant to be. I have a pf40 and an abyss dual s plus a Surefire Dominator (the newer one)

Polarion-Sparetech2

Newly Enlightened
Nothing can ever be ruled out! That said, HIDs have been eclipsed by LEDs (pun intended) in the mind of many. The total available market is not what is was 10 or 15 years ago (IMO). For many mid-range retail customers, LED is perfectly adequate. After all, not everyone is guarding a fort. Polarion has in fact released an LED searchlight for exactly that purpose (general use, under 1 km, no gimmick with "turbo" mode). They continue to sell and support their entire HID range (including obsolete lights like CSWL) but for new HID products, they are completely focused on military applications.

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
So a new, 420 Watt, 3hr run time, passively cooled, 10 minute recharge UNOBTAINIUM HID light is not totally out of the question!

Totally out of the question !! But an LED with ~11,000 Lumens OTF (Measured) and 325,000 CD OTF (measured) (Candela / candlepower) with seriously engineered active cooling and no dimming is NOT.
~1/2 LUX at 1/2 mile. Couple of hours of run time at full power is possible and no dimming.

Last edited:

Polarion-Sparetech2

Newly Enlightened
Seconding XeRay.

Can't see a civilian product above 70 watts (or frankly the need for one). Your dual Abyss is water proof to 100 meters and 45 W is enough for most applications after which you go to PH50D or XV-LX70 type lights. LED searchlights approaching the 1 km range are possible with and without active cooling and without dimming (or turbo mode or other gimmicks like that).

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since I posted this I did manage to acquire a mil spec pf40 with mount and all accessories plus another ph40 with an extra pf40 body.
Still looking for a Reaper
Some may ask why I need them? I will be using for search and rescue applications in the future so why not have top gear???

Polarion-Sparetech2

Newly Enlightened
More clarification. @usdiver As the page explains, the CSWL light is obsolete. It was replaced by Mark 3/6 which is NOT for civilian use. The PH50D gives you exactly the same wattage (50W) with a high quality reflector. Additionally, the PH50D is rated IP68 to 50 meters for duration of battery charge. @Ceya! That Korean link is obsolete. It was posted by a Korean distributor based on US marketing material. Bottom line: the CSWL has not been made in 10+ years.