Dimmable, high CRI bulbs

och

Newly Enlightened
Sorry if this topic has been beat to death. Probably 7-8 years ago my mom bought this great torchiere that used two incandescent bulbs, that I immediately replaced with LED. Back then LED bulbs were kind of new, and these were 100W replacement. They are dimmable, but they start to flicker at lower setting. I am looking to replace them with high quality dimmable bulbs, as LED technology has much improved over the years. Looking for recommendations.

Strintguy

Enlightened
Hi Och, we did a renovation a couple years ago and put in lights that are 95cri in 4K and they are fine when dimmed. A bit more expensive, but I've never regretted it.

och

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I am looking for someone to recommend the LEDs that will work properly for my application.

markr6

Flashaholic
It's very difficult to find the bulbs you want, a dimmer than dims smoothly, and no flicker (caused by both the dimmer switch and bulb).

I paid good money for some high CRI bulbs in a chandelier and a switch that was specifically on the list of "compatible" dimmers. Still looks like a 2am rave when dimmed below 50%.

Sorry not what you wanted to hear. But I hope you get it figured out. Other than trial and error I don't know what to recommend.

Latest posts