Four-Sevens Mini ML 123 on a lanyard - my latest EDC

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's not that the light is anything new or radically different but it offers a pretty low "low" mode that fits my requirements; it disappears into a pocket even with the lanyard, it's tiny and feather-weight.
And the mode of carry, around on the neck on a cord is neat. It's always there. I have slept with it while camping. When you wake up, it's automatically there.

As a bonus, I've returned to the nasty habit of mouth-holding it when needing to engage something with both hands. It's really the only light in my armada that can do that. Everything else you will need dental work. But this thing is not much bigger than a cigar, nor heavier.

When you need your hands, you just let it go and it drops, being held by the cord. I like that.
I've gotten used to doing that so much, at times I want to release a Hound Dog or such, except there is no lanyard in that case. Mini ML 123 -- It's the ultimate survival/travel light. Long runtime on low yet higher modes available if desired. It looks like a toy, like a joke, something cheap, a $3.99 toy -- that is, until you turn it on. Very doubtful security anywhere will pay attention to it, at the airports and such. Yet, lumens wise it runs almost with the big boys.
I've run it on high just once, I like to preserve the battery. It's bright for the size. I do sometimes back it up with my M61T 1x18650 Malkoff device yet quite often I run it solo without feeling disarmed.

The low consumes next to nothing so you can leave it on for the night. It's a neat device when walking at night, to signal drivers not to hit you.

And it can always be bumped into higher modes provided the battery is fresh enough. The one mode above the low, which is medium has sufficed when I needed power. 3 lumens and 40 lumens.

As one trick I developed to help with the somewhat loose head to body threads -- stick some folded aluminum foil under the spring and the twist will become much tighter. I experimented and got it just right. If turned on, it won't loosen off and it won't come on by itself. That is one deficiency of the model but not too hard to fix.

Not sure which gen it is so will assume the original.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/v...p-123-Review-BEAMSHOTS-RUNTIMES-PICS-and-more!

Last edited:

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have used my mini MA neutral like that, but now I'm finding I like it better with a pocket clip.
I hadn't edc'd it in awhile but for some reason it's found it's way into my pocket this last week.
Only slightly larger than a AAA light, it remains unobtrusive and will put out enough light for as long as usually needed.
Hard to beat a little twisty light.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the lanyard I use. Very convenient and hands-free. when no longer need the light, just release it.

Pocket clip would mean I would have lost it a long time ago.