Malkoff        

Thread: 18650 cell adapter tube

Flashaholic

Default 18650 cell adapter tube

I looked around for available cheap tubing to adapt diameter of 18650 to battery chamber of some flashlights designed for round 3AAA holder, but are long enough for the 18650.

Ordinary 3/4" PVC water pipe OD was good but the walls are a bit to thick, ID too small. I found a piece of thinner-walled tubing with same OD, and it works great.This came from a solar driveway marker support which was no longer being used. The first piece I cut was a bit too short which allowed it to move back and forth inside, probably harmless but annoying.

OD = 22.2mm
    ID = 18.5mm

I found some lights were better cutting tubing slightly longer than the cell, about 70mm overall in one case.

Dave

Default Re: 18650 cell adapter tube

I found the adapter tubes on Ebay awhile back for cheap.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Flashaholic

Default Re: 18650 cell adapter tube

I imagine one can get just about anything online, shipped to you (from China?) but this is DIY with material people may already have around, perhaps sitting idle, therefore costing nothing more than the time to cut it.

My tubing looks like PVC which unfortunately is not easily recyclable around here, and much of it ends up going out in garbage (though a last resort for me). This is good, albeit small, reuse.

Dollar stores might be a source of tubing from broom/mop handles etc. although some are thin metal. I'll check this out.

Tube can be cut with hacksaw but small pipe-cutter makes nice smooth cut.

Dave