FCW #17 - A Flashaholic Get Together in NJ - Oct. 1st, 2nd, 3rd.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
FCW #17 - A Flashaholic Get Together in NJ - Oct. 1st, 2nd, 3rd. :party:

Time to plan ahead for the next get together! FCW#17 SAVE THE DATE: October 1st, 2nd, 3rd. At Worthington State Park located in NJ.

For the past few years we have been combining the FCW (Flashaholics Camping Weekend) and the FSM (Flashaholics Swap Meet) as well as a general GT (Get Together). It is time to shorten the name... FCW/SM/GT#17 is just too long! LOL Since the event is based around a camping weekend, I've decided to keep the original FCW name. And of course the #17 represents that this is the 17th such event. However, just to be clear, this isn't just for overnight campers - all are welcome. Read on...

FCW17 Is a 3 day/2night camping trip / swap meet to buy-sell-swap lights, knives, and other cool stuff / as well as a general get together where people can come for the day, stay the night, or just join us for however long there can, and enjoy the company of other like minded individuals who share the same interests.

New location! Special thanks to Stan for suggesting this location, and for making all the reservations and laying out the money in advance to secure the spots!

The sites we have are:
52-55 for three nights so we don't need to leave so early on Sunday. And sites 56-58 for just 2 nights.

No matter what location we pick it will be a long ride for someone to get to, and no matter what date we pick it will be good/bad for someone. So I apologize for any inconveniences, and I hope that everyone can make the time to make the journey, and join us for what is sure to be a great time.

COST: The cost will be based on how many people show up. We will simply equally divide the total by the number of people who stay. Anyone who comes just for a day/visit is welcome to toss a few dollars in to help pay for the rental of the spots.

I'll try to reach out to the usual "regulars" that have participated in previous FCWs, PFs, and FSMs - but PLEASE HELP OUT AND SPREAD THE WORD about FCW17. These get together threads seem to be missed quite often. Anyone who isn't a jerk is welcome to come.

A quick word about being "jerky" If you want to get drunk and stay up all night disturbing other campers by being loud and obnoxious, and leave beer bottles all over the campsite, please don't come. If you want to stay up all night trying not to disturb other campers with super bright flashlights, please do come. :)

SERIOUSLY: At our last event I did get several complaints about some people staying up very, very late (well after midnight) making excessive noise way past the campground "quiet time". In the morning several empty beer bottles and cans were found laying on the ground around the fire pit. Additionally, some people were smoking around the fire pit around others who were non smokers. That is not what this event is about. I don't judge anyone on what they want to do on there own time, in there own space, but if you come to a group event like this, please be courteous of everyone around you.

THINGS TO BRING: Your lights to sell / money to buy lights from others / a chair / a table if you need one to display your lights / something to eat or drink for yourself, or for others. Firewood for the campfire is always appreciated.

Come to BUY, come to SELL, come to TRADE, come to CHECK OUT OTHER LIGHTS, come to SHOW OFF YOUR LIGHTS, come to JUST HANG OUT WITH FELLOW FLASHLIGHT ENTHUSIASTS!

If you are planning on attending please let me know by posting here in this thread.

I hope to see you all there! --Tim (KartRacer31)

Last edited:

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FCW #17 save the date 10/1/21

Reserved for future updates/information

carrot

Flashaholic

Oh boy. I have gotten a few flashlights since then and really could use a chance to try em out properly.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hip hip hooray!!! and I have knives as a vice now. Just getting back into folders

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast

Saving the date, see you guys then

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hip hip hooray!!! and I have knives as a vice now. Just getting back into folders

Oh boy...I guess I should leave the stuff that rhymes with Acres Arc at home, if you're going to be playing with knives :eek:oo:

Thanks Tim, for setting up another FCW :party:

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast

Date had been saved! Time to start cleaning up some of the unused knives in the collection to get them to their new home...

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

Let's see if I'm still alive after a Summer of hard work.....and after turning 70....UGH!!

Karl

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just found this oldie in camping gear
dusting off the tent for family trip end of month
mAiJe5R.jpg

KcRZWWY.jpg

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just bought a new Canopy, and a tent insert . Doug might come along too.

When I look at the map, it's a bit confusing how to get to the campgrounds from rt 80. There also doesn't appear to be anything along the New Jersey side , like a store, gas station or sandwich shop. Any help here? How many miles after you exit 80 to the campgrounds? Looks pretty far.

I will just be staying 2 nights.

Last edited:

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just bought a new Canopy, and a tent insert . Doug might come along too.

When I look at the map, it's a bit confusing how to get to the campgrounds from rt 80. There also doesn't appear to be anything along the New Jersey side , like a store, gas station or sandwich shop. Any help here? How many miles after you exit 80 to the campgrounds? Looks pretty far.

Kittatinny Point Visitor Center to Boat Access Worthington State Park is 3.3 miles.....It looks like the Boat Access is about where you would enter for camping, and the Visitor Center is very near the I-80 exit. I just picked two points for directions/distance between those two points. Hope this helps.

Kittatinny Point Visitor Center to Worthington State Forest Campsite is 4.9 miles....Zoom in, more pins/points on the map will appear with details.

McDonald's on Simpson Rd is 6.7 miles from the Boat Access....Looks to be quite a few gas stations and food choices off that I-80 exit, and it's all on the NJ side of the Delaware River.

Last edited: