No more UPS tracking details

markr6

Flashaholic
I haven't tracked anything on UPS for a while. But I just noticed they no longer give all the details. Like all the cities it passed through, when it arrived, when it left, etc.

Now it just says Label Printed, Shipped, On The Way, Delivered.

Weak. But in the end it doesn't really matter.

markr6

Flashaholic
But next-day shipments are still overkill, where they let you view the truck on a map. For when you're really, really excited to get that delivery.

markr6

Flashaholic
There's a site called 17track. New to me. It gives the details.

2021-05-05 02:33 Commerce City, CO, United States, Departed from Facility

So Colorado to Indiana with an expected delivery today? I doubt the seller used next-day. So now I know not to get my hopes up?

That's what I was looking for!

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use https://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking

The expected delivery date is usually pretty accurate for UPS, give or take a day. If it is being delivered today, it should say it's out for delivery.

Like they say, the waiting is the hardest part.

markr6

Flashaholic
Label Created
Shipped
On the Way
Delivery

Those are the only status displayed anymore. So hopefully this one is out for delivery. Timing would be perfect.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Use the site I linked, it will give you the details.

markr6

Flashaholic
I tried that too which has the same info. Actually even more inaccurate delivery estimate (yesterday, when it shipped). Still not sure it will arrive today. 75 minutes to go!

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's strange, the site I linked is working for me.

scout24

Flashaholic
Depending on the source of the parcel, I get the emails from UPS to "Follow your driver!" I think it's overkill, but keeping track of the progress along the way used to be fun once in a while. They're still a lot better than my regional postal service, which has spiralled so far down in the last few months.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
It really depends on how it was sent. Or at least it used to. I haven't used UPS much lately. Whenever I picked "free" shipping it would travel the economy route and I'd see "left CA, on the way, out for delivery". If I kicked out an extra buck or two for faster delivery I could see location progress. But that just led to me wondering why did it take 3 days to get across Rhode Island so unless I see "shipment delayed" I just count on it arriving the day they said it would.

The pony express? Sheesh that sure has been a crap shoot since last fall. Sometimes I see an incoming sit in one place for 3 weeks while an outgoing gets delivered a day early. And watching some of the routes they take?

Anyway so the other day I got an email from ups saying my tracking subscription is about to expire. Tracking subscription? Did I even sign up for that?

markr6

Flashaholic
Delivery "by 7:00PM" came and went. Now it says today. That's unfortunate. UPS was ALWAYS spot on. Never a deviation. On a few occasions it arrived early but you could tell by the details.

Maybe this was an exception. I'll watch the next time I get UPS (but usually always USPS and Amazon these days)

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Over the winter, I had a USPS package that showed Delivered. I looked around & couldn't find it anywhere.
Looking at my Tracking, it said Delivered to somewhere in Nebraska,,, that's a few states away!!

So I called my Postmaster locally, he kinda said it wasn't his problem, I proceeded to explain it was his problem.
The postmaster got involved= Turns out, the driver put in the wrong zip code at delivery & delivered it to the wrong house about 3/4mi from me.

I find having a full Tracking useful, so I know what's going on and not being blind to it, instead of just Delivered (because Delivered just may not be to you)

That said, UPS is usually the best.

Last edited:

boo5ted

Enlightened
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "Tracking History". It shows every detail about the package, it shows the date, time, if it departed/arrived at a location and the city name, state and zip code.

It still does for me at least.

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
Several times since we got our e911 adresses in the mid to late 90s somebody else's package has arrived at my doorstep. I usually knew the person and would take it over to their place.

One time my mother in law ordered some new phones and they were put into the wrong mailbox not far from her place. The neighbors kept the phones and my mother in law still had to pay for them.
Not long ago a wheelchair was ordered for my wife's aunt. Ups delivered it....threw it in a ditch up on the main road and indicated that it was delivered. My brother in law had to go looking for it and I think it was almost in the road.

I hear now that the drivers are temps, so they just don't care anymore like the pernament employees of the past did. They are also rough on packages. I wonder if there is a way to boycott ups till they change their ways. I'm sure the younger generation plays a part in this also because they would rather sit on their butts and draw a govt check.

Last edited: