Anduril Ramp Config

Johnny Lightyear

Newly Enlightened
Ok so I know that I have to click 4 times (while the flashlight is ON) to get into ramp config mode. But once there how do I set it up?
I'd like it to have 5 stepped (as opposed to smooth ramping) levels with step one being lowest possible and step 5 being highest possible.
Can anybody explain how to do this please?

TIFisher

Newly Enlightened
Ok so I know that I have to click 4 times (while the flashlight is ON) to get into ramp config mode. But once there how do I set it up?
I'd like it to have 5 stepped (as opposed to smooth ramping) levels with step one being lowest possible and step 5 being highest possible.
Can anybody explain how to do this please?

Simplified:
Make sure you're in stepped mode>4 clicks start config
1st flash/buzz> 1 click (sets floor to lowest) wait for buzz to stop> 2 flashes/buzz> 1 click (sets ceiling to highest) wait for buzz to stop> 3 flashes/buzz> click 5 times (sets number of steps) wait for buzz to stop....light will go back to last mode/level. Your done.

I think a lot of the confusion comes from a lack of definition of ramp configuration logic in the illustrated instructions. Ramp levels are 1 (bottom) - 150 (top). The number of clicks imparted by the programmer during floor or ceiling configuration moves the brightness level higher or lower (respectively). Toykeeper's written instructions make it much clearer.

YAK-28

Enlightened
thanks for the links to the manual and youtube. just picked up a new light using this and these are very helpful.

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for the links to the manual and youtube. just picked up a new light using this and these are very helpful.

glad if it helps
congrats on the new light, hope you enjoy it
what is it?
and what are some of your first impressions?

oeL

Newly Enlightened

With some ramp config and the manual memorization of the current level (available in newer Andruril versions) I have found my absolute perfect UI:

Short click: Turbo/Max (not only high) -> click and hold: ramp up / down
Long click: Lowest -> click and hold: ramp up / down

Especially the possibility to enter the highest available mode with just one click (and not two clicks or anything else) is what I like here. The trick is to once ramp up until max, then memorize it with 5 clicks.

TIFisher

Newly Enlightened
With some ramp config and the manual memorization of the current level (available in newer Andruril versions) I have found my absolute perfect UI:

Short click: Turbo/Max (not only high) -> click and hold: ramp up / down
Long click: Lowest -> click and hold: ramp up / down

Especially the possibility to enter the highest available mode with just one click (and not two clicks or anything else) is what I like here. The trick is to once ramp up until max, then memorize it with 5 clicks.

Is this viable in Anduril 2? If so, would sort of resolve the absence of 2C turbo access everybody complains about in An-2.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
With ... manual memorization

Short click: Turbo/Max (not only high)

thanks for sharing your solution to create single click access to Turbo from off

Is this viable in Anduril 2? If so, would sort of resolve the absence of 2C turbo access everybody complains about in An-2.

I think the answer is yes
since oeL reports it is possible to set manual memory to Turbo
the light will always start on Turbo, with a single click from Off

I agree this is a good way to create direct Turbo access from Off (if that is what someone wants). Bear in mind, starting on Turbo accidentally in pocket, would be dangerous. Be sure to use Lockout, in fact, I recommend automatic lockout.

Last edited:

YAK-28

Enlightened
i picked up an astrolux mf01 mini. seems to be a solid, well built light. don't look into it and hit turbo... i'm still trying to figure everything out. so far i'm very pleased with it. not sure how the neighbors like it.