• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Peak Eiger Ultra with 3.7v

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm new to Peak. I just have the Peak Eiger Ultra.
Purchased new and used for first time today.

The light flickers with Soshine 10440 3.7v 350mAh as I progress through the range-of-lumens.
It burns bright and flawlessly when the head is screwed down to full-send.

The light does not flicker with the regular battery supplied with the flashlight, and does not flicker with the AAA eneloop.

Is the flickering with just Li-Ions common with Peak?

Oddly enough, I think I prefer the non li-ion batteries in this light. I wasn't necessarily looking for a full-lumen-send in this light.
That dim to moderate lumen range is really nice in this setup.

It's still a super cool light. I won't be unhappy if the Li-Ions aren't consistent in that light...I'll just use the eneloop and know not to waste $ on various 10440s.

Last edited:

mhs

Newly Enlightened
My new Logan QTC I got around 2 months ago had similar symptoms. It was ok with 1.2 V and 1.5 V cells, but with 3 V and 3.7 V it gave random strobe show almost like there was a loose electrical contact, even with the head tightened. After checking everything piece by piece I found the source of strobing was the new type of QTC donut; it's gray not black, more spongy and airy than solid rubber, easier to compress. Works better with single low voltage cells, but looks like new QTC's internal properties make it extremely unstable with higher voltage. In my case it makes 3 V configurations unusable. Peak's electronics support li-Ion cells, but this particular QTC spoils it. Maybe just bad QTC batch. I replaced QTC with old, black piece and now it's fine with 3.7 V. I hope they will work it out, because beside that it's great flashlight.
I agree Peaks offer more than adequate output with low voltage cells, especially when you want to keep your vision night adapted. Nonetheless it's nice to have 3.7 V option for extra output demanding tasks.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I e-mailed Robyn to get her thoughts.

I hope I can get the 3.7v working through the entire lumen range....it will make a fantastic light if i can get reliable output.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
...source of strobing was the new type of QTC donut; it's gray not black, more spongy and airy than solid rubber, easier to compress. Works better with single low voltage cells, but looks like new QTC's internal properties make it extremely unstable with higher voltage.

Robyn is sending me a few differently sized pills and QTC material.

Last edited:

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just an update: My Logan 17500 and Eiger Ultra work perfectly with li-ion batteries. From the most dim to the brightest there is no flickering

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eiger ultra 219b SW40. Beautiful
IMG_9812.jpeg

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
How does one go about ordering Peaks with different Nichia LED's? Or are these modified? The only options I see are "cool white" and "high color rendering".

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
You gotta email Robyn from Peak directly and tell her exactly what you want built.

I had purchased LEDs and then shipped them to her for them to install.

She usually has nichia 219b 4000k LEDs in stock

It can be a long process

Last edited: