Twist on single cell AA flashlights seem to be scarce

sidpost

Newly Enlightened
My old single cell AA twist to turn on flashlight is getting worn out. I started looking for a replacement and the vast majority today are tail-switch activate with a few side-switches.

I am a fan of twist action to prevent accidental activation in bags and pockets. Is this a valid concern with modern flashlights?

What protected activation single-cell AA flashlights are my better options? I'm looking for something with good spread for walking at night, more for long range spotting and, finally something that won't washout text at night on a map, menu, etc.

TIA,
Sid

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
AA Twisty Aluminium
probably the best choice for low weight, Not High CRI,
note it has Last Mode Memory
JYUdtB4l.png

---

AA Twisty Copper
a classic, quite heavy, not High CRI, also has Memory
Ar0bpnRl.png

---

AA Tail Clicky Titanium
YzuAP0Zl.png

the switch will not turn on by itself, it is very difficult to turn on even intentionally. This is a very nice light, with an excellent screwed on pocket clip, and comes with High CRI LED

Last edited:
I have all three of the lights imaged above. All three are excellent performers. Please be aware that the JetBeam has a cool white emitter, at about 6500K; neutral white tints are not available (unless you mod it). Also, the JetBeam happily takes 14500 cells, producing about 450 OTF lumens on the high setting.

Last edited:

Latest posts