Flashlight holsters?

sidpost

Newly Enlightened
I have a Fenix E35, 4Sevens single AA, and I'm thinking about something along the lines of a SureFire Scout handheld (Arisaka, Modlite, etc.).

My Fenix E35 is working out well and I really like that 21700 cell but, with its side-switch and bulk, pocket carry is problematic and no I don't want to use the pocket clip. I'm thinking a Cordura holster with a protected switch pocket would work well.

AA's generally pocket carry well but, twist model seem to becoming a scarce. Perhaps a small holster for these would be beneficial as well.

The SureFire Dual Fire scout head light is proving to be a really good one for general utility with its awesome spread and good candela output (beam intensity). I don't really want or need the scout mount for hand held use though so, something like a Modlite PHLV2 type handheld is under consideration.

Who are the good craftsmen/women or companies that make reasonably priced holsters like these? I fine with using a good "kitchen table" industrial sewing option that supports this type of thing as well.

What are my best options?

TIA,
Sid

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ripoff fabric holsters are reasonably priced and available in any size(s) you need.

there's plenty of kydex options on Etsy that can be custom made bezel up or down and in any size you need. I have used LZTacticalHolsters and SmithCustomKydex.

Thor's Hammer Custom Leather has excellent leather craftsmanship and service.

APSaddlery on Etsy crafts basic $23 leather holsters to any dimension you want.

sidpost

Newly Enlightened
Thanks! AP Saddlery looks like a good option for me.

Cheap knock-off nylon is a real turn off to me so, I appreciate the leather options.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cheap knock-off nylon is a real turn off to me

Ripoff is USA made with USA materials. They have a nylon version that will outlast us, then they have a padded material option.

I'm assuming they get the name Ripoff from "ripping off" the velco flap to open and close.

The padded material is around $9 a holster, nylon is $16...I think

https://ripoffs.com/flashlight-holsters/